1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unity in Diversity

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks twinklingstar, yeah i was excited when i got the ticket. It is a great opportunity to see the PM so closely.

Vadera song they have been singing for years. They now have the government and they can find the proof. Unless, we get the ability to put powerful people in Jail, there is no end to corruption. Small fishes will get caught while the big fishes continue swimming. Anyway, for a PM to make such statements is not correct. He can have his party people say whatever but as a PM he should be more humble and respectful.

I don't think we degraded at all. It is always a natural cyclical process. I think India did a wonderful job in curtailing the aftermaths of the 2008 depression. Even US was in bad shape in 2008, Europe has been in deep trouble since. Challenges are also different, the earlier government had to deal with Gas price of more than $100 per barrel. Now the Gas price is less than $40 a barrel.

1 person likes this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

There is no need to talk about opposition party in other countries.By this act we bring shame to our nation.wrong guidance to him

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

It is not just overconfidence, Akanksha, it is outright arrogance.

3 people like this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aks,

lovely blog, and i agree with u all the way, about what modi should have said and done.
    Toilets in villages, well they feel suffocated inside the toilet , i agree. See even if u make a toilet, u have to give water, for that water lines have to be laid. also electricicity, for in a closed toilet without electricity and water, u will have smell and trouble.
    then houses aer small, where will u construct a toilet, when people dont have room to sleep. So for most, outdoors is good, fresh air,. and it does the trick.

all politicians talk through their hat, and modi is no different.

Regards

kamal

5. Akanksha1982

Kamalji, I am curious as to where these toilets are built? I don't think AK, Mamta, Nitish, Siddaramaiah, Jailalitha, Mulayam, Mufti would allow the center to build toilets without any controversies. Must have been built on Mars.

Yes, it must be difficult for people to suddenly start using toilets when they are used to going out in the open since childhood. Even it is difficult to switch from English to Indian ones. For village women, it also becomes a safety issue to go alone in a confined space. So, there should be some social training to be done.

If building 4 lakhs toilets in a year can be done great, now please build them on railway stations and in cities. It is a horrible for women who travel in local trains in Mumbai as there is no decent toilet facilities.

6. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Just one question --- who else you think can do a better job as Prime minister at this point?

7. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

About the toilets, these are being built in Government schools all over India. I personally got to know from some teachers that they now have new toilets. But I do not know how successful, or how functioning they are. TO me, if NaMo is successful in building even 20-30% of what was promised at the end of 5 years, it is a great start. At least he acknowledged the lack of cleanliness, lack of toilets in this country.....no other leader had made it a national priority before. SO....I still give credit to him for this. Now, it is the job of all state leaders to work with the center to make it happen.

NaMO does not have a magic wand for all problems in India....but definitely with him at the center it is clear nobody can loot, the previous PM was a puppet, the amount of money lost under him is unimaginable....so there is no comparison of NaMo with MaMo!

8. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Good things are definitely happening

In a big jump, India has moved up 16 positions to rank 55th on a global index of the world's most competitive economies, where Switzerland remains on top.

The jump in India's position underlines the country's recent economic recovery, improvement in the competitiveness of the country's institutions and its macroeconomic environment and a "slight improvement" in infrastructure, the World Economic Forum (WEF) said in its latest Global Competitiveness Report.

Read more at:
    India up 16 places to 55th on global competitiveness index - The Economic Times

Country enjoys one of best FDI growth rates in a year when many major destinations posted declines

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/3/fdd0e3c2-65fc-11e5-97d0-1456a776a4f5.html#axzz3n9KOrbuf

Pension scheme for the poor

The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) has so far been subscribed by nearly eight lakh people and over 10,000 accounts are getting added on a daily basis, PFRDA chairman Hemant G Contractor said here today.

Read more at:
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/insurance/news/8-lakh-people-have-subscribed-to-atal-pension-yojana-pfrda/articleshow/49187573.cms

Jan dhan yojana...Number of accounts opened.- Details here

http://www.pmjdy.gov.in/account-statistics-country.aspx

9. Akanksha1982

From the current government, I would prefer Sushma Swaraj. Except for the recent Lalit Modi involvement, her career has been exemplary. Her proactive role in getting stranded Indians from recent troubled countries was laudable. She has earned respect from everyone including opposition. Even with the Lalit Modi incident, the opposition targeted Modi and not her. On the last day of the previous government, she thanked and lauded Sonia Gandhi, that's a very generous gesture towards someone who defeated her in the previous government.

From the current leaders, i would prefer Pranab Mukherjee. A very smart and learned man, respectable by everyone with no black ink on his long career in politics. Unfortunately, he is now the President and can't take on the role of PM.

10. Akanksha1982

I am sure toilets have been built. But it is not a new scheme as is being projected out. The center has been doing so for years and sure some have been built over the years under the Indira Awas yojna. I am just talking about the outrageous claims. The official number released in the program is 80 Lakhs toilets being built in one year. Even Modi must have found that unbelievable and hence quoted a modest 4 lakh toilets.

About the scams, i really want to see people behind bars and shouldn't be difficult if the numbers claimed are so high. Vyapam scam has been quiet blatant and dangerous, yet no action or a word from the PM.

Not sure if the numbers are really true. In Maharashtra, the recent minister Pankaja Munde was accused of corruption of Rs. 200+ crores in giving contracts to random companies to supply snacks to children. Some of the chikkis given had expired date. But the media published it as Rs. 200+ crore scam. It doesn't mean that Rs. 200 crore pocketed Rs. 200+ crores. Nor it was favoritism, as Rs. 200 crore is a minute fraction of the Maharashtra government's budget. But that is how the scams are being advertised.

If the scams are blatant, then these people should be put behind bars. Unless, that happens, corruption can't be eliminated. Even if the top tier is clean, the middle and the lower tier is still the same and wouldn't change overnight.