1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unity in Diversity

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Sep 29, 2015.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

The lies were evident from the word 'go'. This is the party which promised they would not impose the Aadhar card and that is the very first thing they did when they came into power. As long as they were in the opposition, they opposed it.

What happened to his promise of bringing back all the black money from Swiss banks within 100 days? Fine, it was not expected as it was empty bragging, but a person of his stature should think of what he is talking and promising.

Now comes the facebook.org

Mr. Modi, you can fool all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but you certainly cannot fool all the people all the time!

2. Mirage

Mirage Silver IL'ite

he is doing that on selective issues - he should also market his "jaya saving act" - he saved her for his benefit and not the nations' benefit.

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akanksha i like your frank comments.A Politician is a Politician and never remove the Mask .

4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Your point 2 is so true. He has taken some image maker lessons and some corporate lessons looks like from adani or ambani.blame bad things on outgoing govt and credit good things to self. This strategy is ok for some time but it now jarring to ears.

1 person likes this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha, Modi I fear is in love with his own voice, his own words. What he should have done is present a viable roadmap for India's future to impress the NRIs and PIOs. B ut what we got instead were quasi-melodramatic theatrical performances. (Including mourful reiterations of his poor background like saying his mother used to wash utensils like he stressed upon his chaiwalla image during the last election campaign). Come on man, off with theatre. Let us have some real action instead.

1 person likes this.
  6. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

akansha...wow i mean wow u met him so closely...i really wish that. being in india we never met him coz he keeps travelinggigglingsmiley

but on serious note i really appreciate him and his government specially on education front. yes he is very slow in deliverable but it is also true that all good work take time "Rome was not built in a day". when it took so many years to degrade it will take same years to upgrade.

your observations are :thumbsup and i can say for arresting vaderah it is not so easy he need too many supports and oppositions are still stronger.
    anyways but overall ur observation are very strong and it is same questions which many indians are waiting for....

7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Yes, a whole lot of things that BJP was opposing are now being introduced as new laws.

What surprises me is that he is not correcting himself after the 15 lakh per person promise fiasco. I think he is getting overconfident in himself and that is bad as after a long time we have someone that we can all rally around.

1 person likes this.
  8. Akanksha1982

Yes. there are many such incidents. His marketing of the Land bill was so poor. Also, didn't say a word in support of his ministers who were accused. Either ask them to resign or say a supporting statement, sitting on the fence shows lack of leadership.

9. Akanksha1982

Thanks Periamma. Yes. it is true, probably we had the wrong expectation of Mr. Modi. He has the complete majority, unlike earlier government and doesn't need to resort to such language or tactics.

10. Akanksha1982

Totally agree with you Balajee. Would have loved his vision on road map or a call to how can NRI participate in building India. Making it easier for people to repatriate money back will help NRIs participate more in the development. Currently, it is easy to send money to India but impossible to get it back.

Yes. the theatrical performance is irritating. I think he is also in love with the chants, "Modi!! Modi!!". His speech sounded more manipulative than honest.