1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unique fact about you and your hubby

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ProReal, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I just thought it would be a fun post .. Can you give one unique fact about you and your hubby? It could be anything and not necessarily related to the relationship you share.

Ok, here is mine:
    Me : I graduated in Architecture and decided to pursue IT because of a bad internship during my fourth year.

DH : He calls me by a random name that strikes him first thing in the morning, So now I respond when I hear anything out of the ordinary.. Like Gulphi, Kannu, Gulabi, nadindana.. and sometimes he runs out of names. One day he woke me up calling "Buffalo". How wierd is that :rotfl

Go ahead and tell us about any unique fact about your DH and yourself.

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

ProReal, I just HAD to respond because my hubby does the same thing as yours! I thought I was alone! He'll call me like 'lingonberry sauce' (i.e. a cranberry sauce we eat with meatballs), 'cookie monster', 'chubby', 'wuggins', 'goat', 'goat eyes', 'little cranky' 'cuddle fish'.... so now just like you I listen to anything out of the ordinary and I know he's refering to me. But he usually sticks to his list of weird names, so it's usually one of the ones I mentioned above. But it all depends, like if we go out and see a school bus, he'll be like "are you my little school bus?" Guess I'm used to it though because I just answer "Yep!" :) One time we were even in the grocery store looking at chicken meat and he asked if I were his little 'turkey gibblet'... uh, what! so weird!

Hahahahaha 'buffalo'... that really made me laugh! :rotfl

3. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

ASG, "school bus" thats hilarious. Am just glad that I am not alone.

So what is the unique thing about you other than responding to these weird names :)

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Other than the weird names? I guess he is unique because out of all the people in the world... he understands me best, and he loves me most. So, I feel that even though he doesn't mean a lot to everyone else in the world, he means the world to me....and that makes him unique in my eyes.

5. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

I wanted to know what is unique about you but I just llooooovedd what you said about your DH.

Sooooo darn sweet!!!! :cheers

6. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Unique fact about me... hmmm... :idea ... I am intuitive.

I don't know how much my hubby believes in it, but he definitely entertains the idea.

7. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Intuitive - that sounds very interesting..

Anyone else want to share one unique random fact about you and your DH?

8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

My DH had never ever said "I told you so" (to anyone) in any circumstance regardless of how bad or worse the outcome was. He has this habit of 'not looking back'. His thoughts will always be 'what next?'. I admire him for the ways he handle tough and trying times.
    Infact I learnt NOT to say "I told you so" from him. (Yes, I have said it few times to my husband in the early yrs.. when the fault was his & the loss was big. But even after all those nags, when I go wrong, he would not do the same to me. And thats how I learnt that amazing quality).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    Ansuya likes this.
  9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

On the lighter side, as couple of OPs said, my DH also calls me different names that have zero resemblance to my real name like "azhagi aananthavalli", "lady" and so on.. anything that comes to his mind at that time. :) I have even quoted this in a novel I wrote.

10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Unique facts about me:
    I am someone who needs no reasons to smile and laugh

I always need what I want, so I cannot simply adjust with what I have. Therefore I try my level best to get what I want, at the same time I plan well ahead to avoid any disapointments (as I have millions of expectations in everything)

For instance, I studied MBA as requested by my parents and at that time I had no say at home as my parents badly wanted to see me as a banking professional. They sponsered for my education and the decision was theirs. But I was not interested though I managed to pass the exams.
    But as soon as I started working, I studied another masters in Human rights and chosed my prefered field of work with United Nations.

I am independant, and I cannot manage a dependant life so easily

I love and respect my parents and elders a lot, but it doesn't mean I follow or nod my head for whatever they say. So, I diplomatically ignore their comments and interferences... At the same time, I continue to love and respect them to my best, so my difference of opinions may not seen as a big issue at my family. I know I can win everything and everyone with love.

On the other hand, my DH has no love or respect for his parents, but he fears if he doesn't follow them, they will curse him and that will affect his entire life.
    He simply carried away by his parents as he thinks all the elders are talking from their experience... I mean my DH doesn't give too much work to his own brain to analyse things.

He never plans, but ready to accept /face his life as it comes. That's indeed a good thing as he has no disapointment or regret over some unwanted happenings beyond our control.

He forgives and forget things/my mistakes with no time though he reacts to nasty at times when he is angry.

He is so dependant on everything, and listens to someone who he trusts before doing everything. He gives less values to his instincts.

Finally my DH too calls me using different names and most of them are so funny and i don't even want to write them here:)

But I am no less than him, as I have so many funny names for him too:)