Unhomogenised Milk

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BoysMom, Feb 14, 2019.

1. BoysMom

BoysMom Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    This milk question is like a complicated milkyway question for me.

Given so many options it’s always confusing to choose from balancing the cost and the goodness of the product.

In my childhood , I remembers drinking domestic cows milk and later milk packets became very normal in every household. Now people are talking about organic milk, grass fed cows milk and I ended up buying un homogenised milk which tastes same like the cows milk I drank in my childhood but it’s too pricey now.

As I understand the non homogeneous milk suppose to skip one process to break the fat molecules and skip the whitening part. With the process skip One would expect the price to be cut down but the it’s the other way around.

Are there any milk researchers here who could shed some light on which type of milk is good ?

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Interesting...

What I have observed is the process most commonly used is the one that ensures product stability and safety. So it becomes industry standard and widely adopted. Here and there boutique farms will skip a step or two but that requires special machines and training which cost they pass onto the customer. Specialty in turn means product may go bad sooner and hence needs to be consumed within a day or two. In your childhood that was probably the case with daily delivery but now with our busy lifestyle we depend on being able to purchase milk for at least 1 week at a time is it not? So some compromise happens.

Btw which brand unhomogenised milk? I have seen grass fed etc but not unhomogenised so am curious.