1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unforgettable moment

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Mar 25, 2013.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

I want to share my happiness in meeting a virtual friend in person.one of our IL friend Sritas invited me to attend her daughter'a marriage and asked for my address to send invitation.I was at Tirunelveli and i planned to attend the marriage as i was very eager to meet our IL friends.Then the day came and my son dropped me at the marriage hall.Before leaving he asked me "Ma how will you identify your friend because you hadn't seen her in person.I replied to him don't bother i can manage."I reached the entrance of the hall and a gentleman was standing there and no woman near by.I guessed he may be the father of the groom or the bride and so i introduced myself as the friend of the girl's mom from IL.Luckily he was our friend's DH and he asked me to come and sit inside the hall and also he said your friend will arrive within 30 min.I went inside and looked here and there whether i can find our other friends.But people are sitting in groups and chatting.After half an hour two young girls entered the hall and sat just back of me and i had an intution they are our IL friends.I waited for some more time and to my surprise they were also searching some other friends.Finally i asked them whether they are from IL and they knodded their heads.one of the girl said she is Helen from IL admin and the other one her sis.wow my happiness found no par and i asked her does she know sritas but she replied "NO".Then the newly wed couple came and stood on the stage and some went there to bless them with the gifts.Atlast a shrewd lady came in went to the stage shared some thing with the girl ,got down and joined the Gentleman whom i saw first.so i thought she may be sritas our friend and i went near her and called shanta (sritas is her user name)and she said "yes".I introduced myself as Periamma from IL and she hugged me with so much affection.That was an unforgettable hug and we both were very happy in seeing each other.I can't express the feeling in seeing our virtual friends in Person.THANKS TO THE STALWARTS WHO STARTED THIS FORUM.

11 people like this.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very glad to know that you all are connected more Periamma. Wishing you all many such nice occasions. -rgs

3. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

Healthy relationships like this is always sweet ,whenever it is rememberd.

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

ITs good you meet your friend... glad you shared your happiness here:) Good for you:))

5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Periamma dear glad to know you met Sritas, she is no doubt a sweet person, I had met her last June when she came to the hall to pick me and my dh for the meet we had.

6. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear periamma ma'am,

This new technology certainly has perks in terms of our emotional bonding. Clearly it shows in your words how much you enjoyed meeting Sritas.

love,
    Bhavna

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,

I am so happy that you made the effort to attend the wedding of one of the daughters of your IL friend. You are certainly motivating to others like me to make that effort to meet other IL friends. I am leaving for Chennai this weekend and I will do my best to meet a few IL friends in Chennai.

Viswa

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

RGS Thanks for your response. First I met Sudha kailas and Padmu in last september.on the next day i went to Omsrisai's house.when ever i go to chennai i like to meet our friends.

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Hema thanks for coming and what you said is true.

10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC she is an active IL in Arts& crafts forum.Thanks for your fb.