Unexplained Infertility - Lots Of Stress And Confused!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by AllizWell, Oct 4, 2017.

1. AllizWell

AllizWell Bronze IL'ite

We have been married for 2.5 yrs now and have been TTC. All my reports are fine including DH's. We have had 2 failed IUI's wherein we thought everything had been perfect. I was compelled by my family(positively) to take a break of a month from my job as I was taking a lot of stress.

After 2 failed IUI's and just sitting at home I feel miserable. I want to join back to my work but my DH, in laws and parents are suggesting against it. They are very supportive I have no complaints but they feel that it is high time I concentrate on this aspect of my life.

I respect their feelings but at the same time sitting at home and just worrying about this is taking a toll on my mental health. I have always been an independent working woman with great career aspirations. I am confused..what should I do? Sit at home and put my career in the backseat? Will doing this bring any positive results? It is indeed such a hard choice..........

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I dunno what advice to give since my situation was different as yours. If you have positive work environment then go, else stay at home

When I was in deep depression, I fell into painting. Oil pastels, gouache, meditative painting with tri-colored oil pencils on black paper. And I posted it on Instagram. Believe it or not, all the likes and comments was helpful re-enforcement to me that there is goodness out there. And the ability to believe I can create beautiful things.

Hoping this advice helps

3. RohiniVenkat

RohiniVenkat Silver IL'ite

Hi @AllizWell ,

All the best to you!!

You can take a week trip or so with your DH so that you will yourself calm and forget about the past. As @ChennaiExpress said, you can concentrate on some craft works, paintings, cooking, diet, exercise, praying God, reading motivational books, etc. You are blessed that you have a very good family who supports you fine. In my view, if the family members are really supportive, it's your ego thinking about the dependency in sort of money. I dont find it will harmful if you take a break of 1 month for work in the name of your future goodness.

One of my friend won the same situation by changing the food habits completely for a month and had a twin boys now naturally. Food habits and diet is more important for the couples. She had stopped taking rice and wheat, instead she took all millets (no foreign food grains like oats, cornflakes,) for lunch with lots of home grown (Indian based veggies like, brinjal, banana, ladies finger, radish, snake gourd, bottle gourd, yam, etc). She added Drumstick DAILY in her diet plan. Also she used less oil. She reduced 6 kgs in a month and got a twin boy baby in a year. Take pomegranate and groundnuts as much as possible. Avoid THIL seeds for a while.

There are many things in our foods we are having now, which is totally not fit for our country and losing all our good things. If we starts eating like our grand parents we will get good health. (my general opinion about foods we take nowadays)

4. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

OP, unless you know and are capable of keeping your self occupied at home, I would recommend against quitting your job or taking a long break from work. If your current job is demanding, take up a lower role or a part time job. You would need something to divert your mind to, to get through your infertility journey and more importantly the waiting periods between monitoring visits and treatments.

Let your husband know how much you can handle. And that you would like to keep working.

5. aditi1

aditi1 New IL'ite