uneven breast

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by PriKir, Apr 15, 2013.

1. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

Ladies,
    I am a second time mom of 15days old. I could see my right breast is bigger than the left one. I realized only after 7th month of pregnancy. Now once i started breast feed, its so obvious and normal feeding bras are not completely covering my right side as good as left. What could be the reason for this uneven sizes? Plz help me to make it even...

Thanks

1 person likes this.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Priya

Most of us have come across "this"..This is actually not an abnormal.
    reasons are there
    1.unequal secretion
    2.overfed on one side

content courtesy:google

Why does it happen?

Possible reasons for variations in supply/milk flow between breasts:

Normal anatomical differences. All women have one breast that has more working ducts and alveoli than the other (usually the left side, though either is normal). Some women also have differences between the two areola/nipples (inverted, flat, different shape/size) which make it easier for baby to latch on to one side than the other.
    Baby’s preference for one side. Most babies have a side preference to some extent. From the start, your baby may feel more comfortable being held on one side and therefore nurse it more efficiently and/or more frequently.
    Mother’s preference for one side. Mom (consciously or subconsciously) may offer one side more than the other because she feels more comfortable nursing on that side.
    Breast surgery or injury. If one breast was ever operated on or injured in any way, supply and/or milk flow can be affected........

Continue reading hee for more details

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/lopsided/

1 person likes this.
  3. indojin123

indojin123 New IL'ite

Priya,

try to consult a doctor immediately.

do a once in a two month check for breast cancer...

nowadays it was looking commmon on ladies. especiallly after giving birth to child.