unemployment

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by umasridharan, Oct 13, 2008.

1. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear friends
    I want to is there anything known as unemployment? I know at least a dozen males complaining just becos of ladies, they r not not able to get a job. Is that true?

One of my relative nearing 35 is still a student. do u know why? he wants to update himself of the latest in the computer world. So from main frame to photo frame he is doing courses after courses. these courses cost his father and younger sister a fortune. His sister finished her B.E take a job in a pvt company, after two yrs left the job persuaded her MBA and now in a very good position in a very good company. His father is due for retirement in another five yrs.

next comes a B.Sc physics. Out of college for two yrs, now looking for a job. When we suggested him to do PG and M.Phil, he declined. One offer came from the school nearby, he felt ashamed to take classes to small children. They even offered to upgrade him after he finishes his B.Ed. But his sister in law used that opportunity, now a teacher in that same school, just finished her B.Ed is planning to go for M.A and M.Ed.

here comes another relative who did a B.E but doesn't want to go to a job.
    He wanted to start a business. where and How? Where is the capital. His father offered him a lakh of rupees, so I gave an idea for a service franchisee to a famous Multinational Company. He took it up. After two months when I visited their house I saw him. I asked, so Howz yr business.
    Sucks came the sharp reply. He left the business and now sitting in the house. All the female members of his family, his mother, two sisters and one sister in law r either working or in business. One of his sister and his sister in law are running a tuition center and a tailoring unit.

Those gentlemen r educated and professionals.

Here comes my ex employee. He and his son my company. His son was 19 yrs old that time. I paid them 3,500/. and 3000/. After a month the son stopped coming. I enquired why? Some body scolded him for doing nothing. when I went to the premises the fact came out. This fellow was calling everybody - very much older than him -- in a nasty language that end up in a big fight. His father stopped working after three months. Because he is too old for working -- just 45 yrs old. His wife and daughter in law r working as maid servants in houses and feeding these fellows.

So what is yr conclusion? Is that true there is some thing known as unemployment or these fellows r lazy and just wanted to hang around doing nothing except complaining.

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi uma,
    Very nice observation indeed!You have to have a lot of grit and strong will power coupled with all the talent you have to succeed or rather 'to get yourself employed and retained':roll:!As long as there is somebody else to 'provide the food on the table'......why care?

3. umasridharan

Dear Gowri Aunty
    U r correct. When somebody is there to feed them and take care them why should they worry abt life. What makes me furious is these eat from somebody's plate and keeps on complaining abt them as if it is not their fault for not getting a job and it is the womenfolk of the whole world who r restraining them getting the post of a president of a company.

4. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

I think its more to do with how much a person is sensitive to his/her situation around, rather than the gender. As more women are sensitive and responsible quite at a young age, you find that they take up whatever comes their way, adjusts to the situation and come up in life. After my degree, I knew going ahead with a masters is going to be difficult for my dad (though he encouraged me for it), i took up a job immediately. In parallel, i also completed my masters and now am well settled in a good job and contented salary. Same is the case with my hubby too from what i understand.
    That was a real nice observation by Uma.

5. umasridharan

Dear Asha
    Thanks for stepping in. Have u noticed something? the unemployed or either irresponsible or dont know what to do. If somebody came to guide them or help them out, they immediately refuse. Some kind of complex?
    Uma

6. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Yes Uma. Its their ego, especially if it is a woman trying to help them. If they are not ready to accept directions or guidance from others, let them stay there. Dont bother urself too much. At the most, you can inform their parents or caretakers, just so, your sincere attempt to help the person reaches the right ears. Nothing more can be done.

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Uma,

These souls just find excuses when you try to help them out. They become so dependent on other family members and then later develop a sort of an inferiority complex and become a bane for the family.

I have seen that some of them become such a pain in the neck for the family members that they are really frustrated what to do with such people.

8. umasridharan

As Asha rightly said, it is their ego. and a lot of add on -- male chauvinism, inferiority complex, superiority complex and so on.
    but the end sufferers r the womenfolk of the family, his mother, wife, sister, sister in law.....They r the ones trying to sail the family ship smoothly.
    uma

9. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

It sure is a ...'hell if you do ..and hell if you don't ' situation for women!:bangWomen are more adept in managing or rather balancing both personal and professional lives and with a high degree of sensitivity.. like asha did, taking care of her interest and also considering her parents difficulties.....thus are able to bring out their inherent skills efficiently.Her best comes out during her adversities.She is the 'Shakthi' and he is the 'shiva' (shava) ...isn't it?May be Shiva is paralyzed when shakthi manifests her whole power!!!! Big LaughSorry guys, if I sound too strong.... no offense meant!:)

10. umasridharan

This society gives a special treatment to male and different not so important treatment to female. Avan Ambalai. eppadi venumnalum pozhichukkuvan (He is male he can survive in any way) is the unwritten rule of most of the people. If u look at it in female way, it will give a very nasty meaning. The culprit is the society I would say. The parents r very strict with the girl children but not with the boys. Unakkenda Nee raja/ambalai singam (u r a king/lion king).