1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

underweight.....

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by sanumol, Mar 7, 2010.

1. sanumol

sanumol New IL'ite

Hai all....
    Hope al r fyn over there... I want ur valuabl suggestns and advices,dears...
    I m now 25yrs..only 41kg weight...height 160cm... UNDERWEIGHT!!!! I m a veggan. I eat very well..infact lot.., but still i m not gaing weight.. i m too thin...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] There was worms in my stomach, tuk medicine and cleard it. but even now nothng works yar... i eat rice, breakfast made on rice. but still... what should i do....??? I really wanna b even a lil bit chubby...nw m tooooo thin... peopl make fun of me sometyms... i m feelng so inferior... Can u plzz giv ny food suggestns that may help me to gain weight?

2. akhilasrinivasa

akhilasrinivasa New IL'ite

Hi

Was just surfing through internet and found these cool suggestions

hope it helps you

• Count your calories: Calculate how many calories you need to consume per day to gain weight. Add at least 500 calories per day to your daily requirement. If you need 2300 calories a day to maintain your current weight, strive to consume 2800 calories daily. If you engage in any physical activity, add more calories to account for the calories burned through physical activity.
    • Eat more: The most important rule of gaining weight is to eat more calories than you burn. Eat five or more meals a day. Avoid skipping meals. Knowing how to gain weight involves consistent eating. Increase your normal portion size. Take a second scoop of pasta, or add two bananas to your oatmeal.
    • Choose calorie-dense foods: That means eating potatoes, corn or peas instead of carrot sticks. Choose a banana or cranberry juice instead of an apple or orange juice. Granola cereal is more calorie-dense than puffed rice. Read food labels for the serving size and the calories, and make it a habit to routinely choose foods that are higher in calories.
    • Good habits: To gain weight, eat food with extremely high caloric value. Try to increase your food intake without consuming too much fat and sugar. Regular meals, especially breakfast, are important if you find it difficult to gain weight. Taking your time with meals and making sure you are relaxed is also important to ensure that your digestive system functions properly. Have some fixed timings and avoid eating in between so as to increase the hunger for food.
    • Drink more: Drink more water or juice. If you do not like to drink water, choose some healthy drinks like apple juice, orange juice etc. When you have to work late at night, these liquid materials will help you maintain your basic needs.
    • Avoid Caffeine and Nicotine: Caffeine and nicotine are good stimulants and help to increase the metabolism of our body. Avoid having these stimulants in excess quantity to help your body retain maximum nutritional value from what you eat.
    • Avoid Junk food: Avoid unhealthy, high-calorie foods. Most important is to avoid trans fats, which increase your risk for disease. Foods that are high in trans fats are: pastry products, cakes, cookies, processed meats, margarine, shortening, and packaged snack foods.
    • Weight training: This will not only help convert the additional calories into muscle rather than fat, but it will also stimulate your appetite. The added muscle will increase your metabolism, so you'll need to consume more calories per day to maintain that weight.
    • Sleep more: Take a nap after lunch, at around 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Besides, sleep before 12 a.m every night. It will be more effective if you have tea time after taking a nap in the afternoon.

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
  3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Hi Sanumol,

Don't worry. May be it is in your genes.. How chubby is your mom? Some women put on weight after marriage. And oneday like me, you may even feel lucky about your body nature to not put on more weight..

I myself was 45 kg during my wedding. I was not alarmingly thin.. but I was/am slim and well proportionate. Only after marriage I tipped the scale to 48 kg.

When pregnant, I gained 20+ kg. But believe it or not, I quickly lost the extra pounds and came to my pre-pregnancy weight (105 lbs ie.. 48 kg) in less than 3 months! After my maternity leave was over, when I went back to work, I wore my pre pregnancy dress!!

Now I have such a flat tummy and no stretch marks & my weight is the same 48 kg, my friends ask what is my secret, and how do I maintain my body.. What can I say?..

My mom looks like my sister. And my child's friends' moms say that I don't look like I have a school going kid.. All I can say is it is in my genes.. So it could very well be your genes.. Anyways, there is an upside to your body nature. :)

Eat well. Don't stress about your weight. Enjoy the perks on being on the other side of the scale. :thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010