1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Underarm hairs for 14yrs old!!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Lalitha Shivaguru, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

LS - I started using AnneFrench at 13. Initially, I didn't have any reactions/side effects. Later on, I started having a lot of skin allergies. I slowly switched to waxing when I turned 14 and have had no issues with that. Try to avoid creams if possible.

L

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Hey all,

Thanks a lot dearies...was watching this thread but just could not reply. I will check with her what she would prefer though I am not fond of Creams/shaving personally but if she can bear the pain then waxing is the best option.

But can she have waxing done now itself..she is just into Xth std? No side effects???

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  3. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Akka,
    Class X is fine, it isn't that early to strat waxing...
    You can start her with the ready wax strips that are availaible, I don't see any side effects with creams as well, but it varies from person to person, you need to check with her as to what she prefers and what suits her.
    I Started waxing when I was in class 8 itself..I was quite fair then (Not now though) and with my school demanding me to wear a uniform which should stay right above my knee, I had no much options.
    I have tried all Waxing, creams and shaving(Lady shaver, electric Shaver, plucker).
    Till date I have no issues with any of the methods,
    I just use any , depending on the time that I have for myself.

My DD has good amount of hair growth, I have started applying turmeric while she has a shower so that she doensn't face much problem when she grows up. (She is just 3 , but turmeric can reduce hair growth gradually).

regards,
    Kavi.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010