1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional? Love?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 7, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Syamala,

of course, we do get on with life. Life does not stop because somebody loves or does not love us. The trouble is when people claim to love us and expect a quid pro quo in lieu of that love. And then reading about the experiences of people who claim to have experienced 'unconditional' love does make wonder what that is.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. satchitananda

On the contrary, enjoyed reading every line of your post, Sandy. Especially loved the last bit where you narrated how you took off on your own and enjoyed yourself.

3. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Satchitananda :blush:

satchitananda likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:A decorated body in squat position was carried in pyre slowly moving through busy street with a gang in front beating their percussion drums while traffic halted behind. I was watching it from my balcony. High decibel drum beating perhaps caused the body turned alive and next moment turned macabre.

2. Pyre was dropped and the gathering ran Helter-skelter. The young man’s dead-alive body fell on the road, injured, turned live or alive, stood up and walked off. Daily Thanthi next morning published a report after interviewing him and his family members. The man returned from dead, did not or could not mention to reporter anything about his return to his body nor about NDE.

3. A disbelief caused a nurse pounding the dead man’s heart in good time, revived and the man returned to life. He was famous Hindi films producer Sunderlal Nahatha. My dad witnessed when he entered the room in a private hospital, his boss chest beeind heavily pounded by the fists of able thoughtful nurse. Being Man Friday, my dad later asked his boss about NDE. He - Sunderlal could not remember or recall anything in the interregnum about NDE . OF COURSE IT is not EXACTLY NDE in strictest sense. They died and returned to life in few minutes or hours later.

4. It is quite enigmatic, when body faculties are almost dead one by one gradually or all simultaneously abruptly , where is the mechanism to experience of approaching death and being recorded and retrieved.

5. There are numerous Hollywood movies on the return to life from dead but all seems to me hocus pocus.
    6. It looks to me all NDE published are dubious.
    Thanks and Regards.

God when His deputies commits mistake, rectifies it spontaneously.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    satchitananda likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Many people do not talk of having an NDE (in case they do) because they do not expect to be believed and don't wish to be mocked. So if anything, I believe they might be under-reported. Of course, many may not have the experience. But I would not say that it does not happen. Am most disappointed that at every opportunity in my life, I never had an NDE! Blame the docs.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

There is nothing like 'unconditional love'. May be it takes some odd shape in the state of Zero like a mother's love for her new born child but that too turns into selfish love in the hope that one day he or she will take care of her in her old age. There will always be some feeling of belonging but that is not love.
    Pets like dogs are a different breed. A video was in circulation about a dog, somewhere in Europe. Its master died in a car crash which he witnessed as a passenger in the back seat. It would visit the place of accident and sit there whole day. Was it waiting for his master to return?
    We have a dog at home and she plays with every member of the family but her eyes are always directed towards and for the member who nursed her from her infancy and who gives her food, makes her bed and takes her out and generally looks after her like own child. Is this unconditional love or simply self preservation?
    There is no unconditional love.

satchitananda and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I presume you echo my views at #3.

Thanks and Regards.

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I find that some discussion is going on about NDE and Cheeniya Sir mentioned about Ramana's NDE.
    I have also heard about man running out of the funeral pyre and leading normal life after doing some acts of Remissions or Pariharamas.
    But the study about NDE as a subject in psychology has assumed importance for the past 60 years,though much was talked about it even in 18th century itself.Cases for study were from patients who suffered Cardiac arrest with all symptoms of death-no pulse, no eye movements, unmeasurable blood pressure etc.The experiences those people had, have been recorded, while they were resuming normalcy. Doctors themselves have rejected certain experiences as hallucinations, but experiences from certain patients they have certified as NDE.
    After years of research on many patients, if psychologists brand certain things as NDE, we cannot set aside their opinions as fake or imaginary.All the experiences they have categorized as NDE, have authentic back up such as recorded messages of shouting the name of some one as evidenced by the staff nurses and so on.
    A psychologist Doctor from Apollo Hospitals, educated in Harvard ,has written a book on NDE wherein she narrates the patients/ experiences, not as a series of fantasies concocted by a patients after escaping death miraculously ,but in full scientific terms connected with neuro science.

Many patients ,she says, experienced of entering into a cave and then seeing a bright light.

She does not include this as NDE because almost everyone at the time of death is reminded of his /her birth and coming out of the dark birth canal is referred to as a cave and soon on entering this world the child sees the bright world.
    It is said that all do not experience NDE though they survive death. Only a handful around 7 -8 % of the survivors's narration can be categorized as NDE by researchers.
    I have gone through the book many number of times and I feel that there is some significant truth about NDE, a rare experience.
    My dear MIL, was not in her death bed. She was talking to me having a cup of coffee.She said that she saw a beautiful girl adorned in silks and jewelleries akin to Goddess Meenakshi who seemed to call her and come near her. The very next day she had some breathlessness,.We admitted her in a nursing home in T. Nagar. Doctor termed it as terminal illness. She called me and took my hands and told'take care of every body' and said' ellorum Khemamaa irungo". That was her last speech and breath too.I wondered whether there was any connection between what she spoke the previous day with full consciousness and if that was what her inner mind spoke.
    Jayasala 42

9. satchitananda

Interesting. In this case I'd say the love of the owner who takes personal care of the dog is unconditional. Of course, I am assuming here that if the dog failed to be a good watchdog, the owner would not abandon it somewhere. The dog adores it's caretaker for the love he is getting. He seems to love the other members of the family too.

10. satchitananda

The more I read about NDEs, reincarnations, past life recall, see documentaries made on the subject by credible experts, the more I feel there is something to all of this. It's just that we have not personally experienced it so far.

Thyagarajan likes this.