1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional? Love?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 7, 2019.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    We do love some in life....unconditional or conditional or unselfish or just love by not putting any restraints. And some love us also with all conditions or no conditions. Why bother? Some say true love. I never understand. Is there a false love also!!!
    Just get on with life .....general tendency to like or love those around us.
    Syamala

satchitananda and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is not clear. One loves out of friendship or friendly out of love. Also I doubt whether anyone can claim love from some one for eternity or periods or pockets of love and hate alternating according to demands of time and varying circumstances.
    2. Majority of world maintains Life mechanically as day turns tonight and night to day as they have no time to think of love or think and love.
    3. Fathers in church constantly preach love and that is perhaps the time the gathering there thinks of it. World spins mechanically and so do humans.

4. Love just happens and vanishes without any hint at times. Striving to love is a distant goal to many in their frenetic mundane life.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God is watching dispassionately the universe of love & hate and wedges between.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This reminds me Bhagwan Ramana's NDE
    I often wonder how totally different are NDE and fear of death. I am of the view that NDE and fear of death must eventually lead humans to a much higher level of existence
    Sri

satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

when I read this quote, I cannot but be filled with a sense of dismay, because it makes me feel that none of us are human by this definition - except some very elevated souls. So far as I can see, the 'normal' human being is capable of conditional love and that too in varying degrees. Total unconditional love is extremely rare to find. It is divine and hence only to be experienced in another dimension? We might have to wait a long time until the human consciousness is raised to such an extent that unselfish love becomes a norm than an the exception.

5. satchitananda

Dear Sir,

6. satchitananda

Well summed up, I'd say. No doubt, that is the best we can do under the circumstances.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Interesting observation, indeed. Could not help a chuckle when I thought of the import of the conversation in bold. Would depend on the context as well as the tone!!! :-D

I am amazed at all the cross references. It is like you have an encyclopedia in your head on demand! :-D

Amulet and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. satchitananda

That is a novel perspective on the matter. Much as I have heard about 'self-love' (although I am not sure, I understand that either!!!) I had not thought of it being unconditional. But then, I agree, if we can't love ourselves unconditionally, how do we expect others to do so? Really interesting to read your response. :)

9. satchitananda

10. satchitananda

NDE is not a fear of death. It is an experience which in fact destroys all the fear that people may ever have had of death. Fear can never lead a person to a higher level of existence (my personal belief, of course).

Thyagarajan likes this.