1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE...(my article was selected in a contest..would like to share with

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by daffodiill, Jun 20, 2012.

1. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

“Come on now, you have to push otherwise you will lose your baby forever” doctor said these words directly seeing into my eyes in the labor room. Even though I have planned to go in for a normal delivery I was losing faith as the time passed out. I could see the doctor struggling to get my little one out. At last after twenty minutes of horrible labor pain I saw my little one for the first time. He was very pale and I felt sudden chillness in myself. Just then a nurse near me shouted “why is the baby not crying”. I looked at the doctor who gave back an assuring look towards me and said “I will take care, you don’t panic” .Then they carried him towards the baby bed which was far away from me and started treating him. I could just see his legs. I felt as if my world has stopped at that moment. He came into this world only a few seconds before and the next second started to rule my world. Then the nurse pumped some of amniotic fluid that he has swallowed from his mouth. After few seconds he cried very feasibly. Though I have felt him from the fifth month of pregnancy seeing him is something different. He slowly entered my life and started to turn it upside down so fast.

Those sleepless nights, feeding him every half an hour, changing diapers every ten minutes, washing all his clothes all those were very difficult but when I saw him smiling at me holding so close all these difficulties will wither away like the clouds on a windy day. Every morning when I would be very tired of sleepless night i get the freshness to start the day from his face that will glow like the early sunshine on the dewdrops of the rose. He has taught me many things in life. He has given me the most important wisdom in the human life… “PATIENCE”.. Yes I could call patience as wisdom as by acquiring this one can become wise and make the life of other people around them wiser. Real patience is experienced only in motherhood.

Today my son is 2.7 years old and every day I face new situations in which I would be clam sometimes and few times get irritated and scold my son. At the end of a full chaotic and restless day and when I could never feel a bone in my body moving he would jump on me in the bed and hug me to say “ good night ma” I feel I have done justice to my son and for the first time pain gives me pleasure. I love him more than anything in this world and I believe I would be his world at least for next 5 to 10 years. Yes he will have his own world when he is about 9 to 10 years and I MAY BE A PART OF IT. He may never need me to hug him immediately after he gets up, he may not even hug me when he gets excited and found something new. He may not even have time to talk with and ask if I am sick or do I need to share something with him. .. I won’t blame him as he has started his new phase of life which will have its own fate.

I may not even able to make him realize that I am always standing beside him and ready to share his bad times. I won’t even able to convey that I am missing him; I won’t be able to hug him and say good night every day. I may even become negligible in his world as his responsibility grows more and more every day. Though there will be all these issues I know one truth that is true love is always unconditional…My love for him is beyond all this. i could say all the mother’s love is unconditional. As the days passes by I too have to move away from my son as the old leaves wither away from the tree leaving the tree to grow with more and more new fresh leaves.

EVENTHOUGH I COULD BECOME A” PART “OF HIS WORLD HE WOULD ALWAYS BE MY “WHOLE” WORLD FOR EVER AND EVER..

16 people like this.

2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Re: UNCONDITIONAL LOVE...(my article was selected in a contest..would like to share w

Congrats dear. Deserving article.

1 person likes this.
  3. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Re: UNCONDITIONAL LOVE...(my article was selected in a contest..would like to share w

Good one, Daffodil :)

1 person likes this.
  4. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow daffodil,
    Exactly....That is how a doting mom feels.....and the little ones rule us right from the moment they are born and are always our "little prince"s.....
    Happy Motherhood......:thumbsup

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

congratulations Daffodil..Enjoy showering that unconditional love on your little one.! I loved the concluding sentence..

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Daffodil,

Congrats :) That was really touchy.. Enjoy showering the love on your lil one.

1 person likes this.
  7. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Daffodil..

It was so touching one and yes mother's love is always unconditional....
    Hugs to your LO.

8. aj_fathima

aj_fathima Bronze IL'ite

Congrats.That was very well written.

1 person likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing your contest winning article"Unconditional love". A touching write up.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  10. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Very beautiful article daffodil. and very touching. Just nominated this post for 'Finest Posts of IL'. Hats off to your writing skills!