Unconditional acceptance

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Ihari123, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Ihari123

Ihari123 Silver IL'ite

This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way through till the end! (After the story there are some very interesting facts!):

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree. The last class I had to take was Sociology.

The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with. Her last project of the term was called "Smile." The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions. I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway, so, I thought this would be a piece of cake, literally.

Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning. It was just our way of sharing special play time with our son. We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did. I did not move an inch ..... an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved. As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men. As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling".

His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance. He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching. The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue eyed gentleman was his salvation. I held my tears as I stood there with them. The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted. He said, Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes. That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging my every action. I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray. I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue eyed gentleman's cold hand.

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you.." I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope."

I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me, Honey. To give me hope." We held hands for a moment and at that time we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give. We are not church goers, but we are believers. That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand. I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it. Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?" I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class. She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and being part of God, share this need to heal people and to be healed. In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my husband, son, instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.

I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn: UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE.

If you think this story has touched you in any way, please send this to everyone you know.

There is an Angel sent to watch over you. In order for her to work, you must pass this on to the people you want watched over.

An Angel wrote: Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart. God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Keep this going.

:clap

15 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear ihari123,
    Beautiful writeup madam.It is so very kind of you to have shared your experience.Such actions form an indelible imprint in the minds of every one.I am reminded of mail I received Sometime back titled'Coffee on the wall' which read as under.

A coffee on the wall

I sat with my friend in a well-known coffee shop in a neighboring town of Venice (Italy), the city of lights and water. As we enjoyed our coffee, a man entered and sat at an empty table beside us. He called the waiter and placed his order saying, ‘Two cups of coffee, one of them there on the wall.’
    We heard this order with rather interest and observed that he was served with one cup of coffee but he paid for two.

As soon as he left, the waiter pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying ‘A Cup of Coffee’.

While we were still there, two other men entered and ordered three cups of coffee, two on the table and one on the wall. They had the two cups of coffee but paid for three and left. This time also, the waiter did the same; he pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying, ‘A Cup of Coffee’.

It was something unique and perplexing for us. We finished our coffee, paid the bill and left.

After a few days, we had a chance to go to this coffee shop again. While we were enjoying our coffee, a man poorly dressed entered. As he seated himself, he looked at the wall and said, 'One cup of coffee from the wall'.
    The waiter served coffee to this man with the customary respect and dignity. The man had his coffee and left without paying.

We were amazed to watch all this, as the waiter took off a piece of paper from the wall and threw it in the dust bin. Now it was no surprise for us – the matter was very clear. The great respect for the needy shown by the inhabitants of this town made our eyes well up in tears.

Ponder upon the need of what this man wanted... He enters the coffee shop without having to lower his self-esteem… he has no need to ask for a free cup of coffee… without asking or knowing about the one who is giving this cup of coffee to him. He only looked at the wall, placed an order for himself, enjoyed his coffee and left.He need not count a few cents and exhibit his poverty ,nor had he to lower his esteem by asking whose few cents will fetch.

... probably the most beautiful wall you may ever see anywhere....!!!

Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life.
    Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill
    Jayasala42

5 people like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

OMG, @Ihari and @Jayasala mam,

What a beautiful post and reply. Thank you for sharing this and bless us with unconditional love. Thank you

4. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for sharing your experience. That really touched my heart. I had many times thought of the people who don't have even a shelter to stay. Had felt bad about it and even have discussed with others, saying why can't the authorities do the needful to people like them. Many times had thought about doing few things to the needy as result of which my hubby every year in the remembrance of my fil on his birthday makes a visit to an orphanage (which is not a very well known place) and serves each kid over there with food prepared with the help of his friends. We started doing this for the past three years.

I had visited the place only once when my sil had come to India for vacation. We had gone there to provide them food upon the request of my sil's friend. Who wanted to serve the needy on the day of Ramzan. My heart just fell for those kids and by seeing there smiling faces it was like something that i had never experienced before. It made my eyes wet.

Me and my sil explained to our kids about how much they are blessed to have got a life like this with family and friends being around and to give them all they needed. The kids including my 2.5 yrs son served those kids with sweets and they seemed to enjoy it.

Happiness increases when we share things with the needy more than the happiness in buy or getting things from others.

1 person likes this.
  5. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@Ihari123 madam i would like to appreciate your generosity to wards the little men first.
    when ever body stepped back u took an opportunity to help them. we many times pass through such situations but sparely indulge in them and extend our hand of help for them. :hatsoff
    @jayasala madam the mail " coffee on the wall" is a real excellent idea. this not only helps the needy but also keep them away from the feeling of poverty. hope other shops in here also can implement such things. winston churchill coats have enhanced the excellence of the mail.

6. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

:hatsoff then this i have no words

7. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

thank u for sharing ! really helps to awaken and feel blessed to help and find happiness in giving to the needy ...

8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

@Ihari123 and @jayasala , Jayakka it was very touching to read both your narrations. It shows there are good people around us and it really needs lot of love to do this.

Congratulations Ihari you post is nominated by Jayakka and Surekhap, a worthy nomination

9. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Awesome post and you are so kind hearted .It is not so easy to do unconditional acceptence /love. I appeariciate your generosity towards them.really heart touching and thought provoking message. Thank you for sharing.:)

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ihari,

Thank you for presenting your real life experience that is emotionally touching to read. When one shows unconditional love to a person who is in need of it, the divinity in that person manifests in its entirety. Mother Teressa once picked up a leprosy patient out of the streets of Calcutta, cleaned the wounds and dressed up the wounds nicely. The person held her hands and told that she had forgotten every suffering she had encountered in life except that unconditional love showered on her by Mother Teressa. While saying that she stopped breathing.

I attend healthcare camps, backpack distribution to the homeless children and other programs associated with homeless. I also volunteer for the Hospice to attend to patients who have no visitors. When I see them happy, I feel very elevated.

Congratulations for the nomination to the FP.

Viswa

2 people like this.