1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Uncle who dropped boy to save him: 'It was terrible'

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by puni88, Feb 7, 2008.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I couldn't take this horrifying picture and thought of sharing with all of you.

~Punitha

LUDWIGSHAFEN, Germany (CNN) -- Kamil Kaplan faced a horrifying decision as flames engulfed his apartment building: Does he drop his 9-month-old nephew four stories to a policeman or hope the baby boy survives the suffocating smoke?
    <!--startclickprintexclude--><!-- PURGE: /2008/WORLD/europe/02/06/germany.babysaved/art.baby2.afp.gi.jpg --><!-- KEEP -->[​IMG] Kamil Kaplan said time was running out. He looked "into the eyes" of the policeman below and let go.

[​IMG]
    2 of 2
    [​IMG]
    more photos »

[​IMG]

<!-- /PURGE: /2008/WORLD/europe/02/06/germany.babysaved/art.baby2.afp.gi.jpg -->
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript _extended="true"> var CNN_ArticleChanger = new CNN_imageChanger('cnnImgChngr','/2008/WORLD/europe/02/06/germany.babysaved/imgChng/p1-0.init.exclude.html',1,1);//CNN.imageChanger.load('cnnImgChngr','imgChng/p1-0.exclude.html');</SCRIPT><!--endclickprintexclude-->Kaplan chose to drop the boy, Onur Celar -- a dramatic life-saving moment captured in photographs seen around the world.
    "It was terrible. I just had to make a decision," he told CNN.

Attached Files:

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Yes, I saw this on TV too. but the boy and his parents survived the fire - so that was a happy ending.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i laud his presence of mind, survival of the fittest is the rule anywhere and if the boy lived which he lived they say then this picture is history..sunkan

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

That is a great presence of mind and took a very high risk.... I am happy to note both the parents and the baby survived... That is very nice....

Thanks for sharing...

Veda