Unable to login to Facebook- HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by racr, Jan 10, 2013.

1. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hi !

I'm unable to login to FB,when I enter my ID and password,it shows me a page with a message that says 'you need to login to see this page'..whatever that means..I mean what did I just do..duh?!
    The problem started probably due to an aborted attempt by me to login to FB using an IPAD at some other location.FB is doing some weird check(mobile protection) and throws me out.I know its a bug,and have raised it on their website,but nothing has come out of it.
    Has anyone faced a similar problem in FB?If yes,how did you resolve it? I'm not into FB ,but nowadays wherever you go,an FB account seems to be the key to get easy access or news!

2. priya20coool

priya20coool Bronze IL'ite

Hi.. Did you ever try the Forgot Password thing.. It may be very simple.. But helpful when you cant solve the toughest ones.. I know it sounds ridiculous.. But this may atleast help you to login to your account with a new password.. See if you are receiving notifications to your designated E-mail.. Then do the forgot password option.. This should help..

Or try a different browser.. Maybe the change in browser in you Ipad may also be the reason... IPad uses Safari usually.. So if you had tried to login thru a different browser, it would have shown this message.. Try deleting the cookies and the FB history.. Reinstall you browser and then try logging in.. Sorry that if this did not help.. Thats the max I could try from my side.. All the best..

Try this too..

Must Log In To See This Page Error | Facebook

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  3. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Thanks priya20coool!
    Yep,I tried all the things you have suggested last week itself! Changing password, deleting cookies,using different browsers.I have also logged an error with Facebook using that link...No response. Its definitely some bug in their code. When I entered my old pwd,then it correctly says that my password has been changed,but when I enter the right password,it goes to this page! Frustrating! I searched in google to find that many people have faced this problem,but no one has got a solution yet.They just suggest creating a new ID.

Thanks for taking time to help me out!

4. KALAPALOMI

KALAPALOMI New IL'ite

Yes. FB is checking all the options to restrict multiple accounts for single person. So, from past few months for randomly selected accounts (logged in Laptop ,mobile or IPAD simultaneously) , Asking for mobile number verification. Since FB believes that, one can have multiple mail id's, but not many mobiles numbers(may be restricted two or three max). So in that way, you need to enter your mobile number and check for the options dont send messages to mobile or add friends through mobile numbers(if its ok).

I have seen this issue and will resolve this by giving your mobile number.

Regards Pal