1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Umblical Cord Hernia

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by thrisandhya, Nov 1, 2009.

1. thrisandhya

thrisandhya New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

do any one has any information regarding this...since last year i have UCH...Initially it was like menstrual pain and the navel will bulge out at that time and once the pain gone the navel will be ok...the pain came only twice in the whole year ....after consulting the doctor could we know that its Hernia and the only remedy is surgery as no medicines are there for this..as we want a second child doctors advised to do surgery only after the delivery bcos stitches will cause problems if its done before pregnancy....my navel now is bulged out always but has no pain..thank god..but hv read from net that the hernia will cause problem once u get pregnant...i am now very upset...has any one gone through this plight...?...please reply..

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I suggest you use the net as a resource and not a decision.....some sites are not accurate in their advice. You have consulted the doctor and they have given you advice on how to progress. I have an umbilical hernia (small) that I got years ago from a lot of weight lifting. The doctors have checked it over the years and said don't do anything about it other than say yoga which could help the situation. Its my understanding that this is a non threatening condition as long as it does not get strangled. You can have it repaired after the next baby by the mesh surgery which is a simple procedure.

3. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

hi dear,
    i also have umbical hernia after the delivery of my first daughter,the pain is worst as u said,but after that i have delivered 2kids and by the grace of god nothing has happended,my hernia is as it is.in pharmacy u get supporters for unbical hernia,u can even put them on when u r pregnant they dont harm.so dont think any thing negative go ahead and plan your pregnancy nothing wrong will ever happen.all the best.

4. thrisandhya

thrisandhya New IL'ite

Thank You Tashidelek and Croissants For your replies....that was relaxing for me..................:wave:

5. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

U are always welcome,all at indus ladies are there to help each other,so dont worry and take care.