u know u are a mom when.....

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by manjula, Sep 1, 2005.

1. manjula

manjula New IL'ite

You know you're a mom when...

You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal.

You want to take out a contract on the kid who broke your child's favorite toy and made him/her cry.

You have time to shave only one leg at a time.

You hide in the bathroom to be alone.

You child throws up, and you catch it.

Someone else's kid throws up at a party, and you keep eating.

You consider finger paint to be a controlled substance.

You mastered the art of placing large quantities of pancakes and eggs on a plate without anything touching.

Your child insists that you read Once Upon a Potty out loud in the lobby of the doctor's office, or, better yet, in the lobby of a Grand Central Station... and you do it.

You hire a sitter because you haven't been out with your husband in ages, then spend half the night talking about and checking on the kids.

You hope ketchup is a vegetable because it's the only one your child eats.

You cling to the high moral ground on toy weapons, while your child chews his toast into the shape of a gun.

You can't bear the thought of your son's first girlfriend.

You hate the thought of his wife even more.

You donate to charities in the hope that your child won't get that disease.

You find yourself cutting your husband's sandwiches into unusual shapes.

You fast-forward through the scene when the hunter shoots Bambi's mother.

You use your own saliva to clean your child's face.

You obsess when your child clings to you upon parting during his first month at school, then obsess when he skips in without looking back the second time.

You can't bear to give away baby clothes -- it's so final.

You hear your mother's voice coming out of your mouth when you say, "Not in your good clothes!"

You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you.

You read that the average five year old asks 437 questions a day and feel proud that your kid is above average.

You say at least once a day, "I'm not cut out for this job", but you know you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...

2. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

enjoyed it..

You hate the thought of his wife even more

dear Manjula,

except the two mentioned above, I agree on everything.

My son's first girl friend is a great friend of mine, though she is not his girl friend any more and I love the thought of his wife....because I feel both my sons will find great wives for themselves...and I keep giving myself auto-suggestions that I am going to be a good mom-in-law...so as a part of that, I visualize lovable and lovely wives for my sons... that thought is just beautiful..

Thanks...I enjoyed .reading it again and again.

ambika

3. manjula

manjula New IL'ite

Saas Bahu

If u are not agree with these two important lines of my mail then i think everybody should think like u.

Bcoz in reality all mother-in-laws(sasujis) can't stand their daughter-in-laws (bahus). Infact we have one hot thread on this forum only to discuss this spicy relationship.

But anyways I'm glad u are not one of them..

Take care
    Manjula

4. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks to your thoughts!

Hi Ambika,

I too enjoyed reading Manjula's post about thoughts of a mom. I felt bad too reading these 2 lines...

You hate the thought of his wife even more

Such good moms, mostly turn out to be less good when it comes to be a mom-in-law. I guess you would have got a chance to read the other discussions in this community about hard relationship with the in-laws.

Your reply message here made me feel happy that things are changing these days...so is the mother-in-laws too!

Thanks to your thoughts and for auto-suggesting yourself. I'm sure your daughter-in-laws are going to be gifted to have you. So are your sons already, I believe.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  5. manjula

manjula New IL'ite

bitter truth

Dear friends,

What these two lines are saying is life's bitter reality.
    how many of us can honestly say that they have really "COOL" relationship with their MILs.

I know world is changing, its good, I also appreciate Ambika being such a lovely MIL. and I hope all of us can learn something from Ambika.

But still wont u feel butterflies in your stomuch when u'll meet your son's 1st girlfriend or would be wife....just honest answer...

Regards,
    Manjula

6. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Re: bitter truth

Good ones.. Regarding those two lines u ppl are talking about, for now, cant say my son is too small for anything (5yrs)