Two week wait! Gosh, its absolutely crazy...buddies needed!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by WiniPooh, Oct 3, 2013.

1. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi All.Am new to this forum and its so great to see this much support especially for the 2ww!!!

After trying 3 cycles of ovulation induction on Clomid, I went through a medicated cycle (with injectables) of IUI has month. Unfortunately, it wasnt successful last time ...think it has something to do with the amount of stress I took on 2 days after the IUI.

This cycle, I am on a natural cycle and noticed a pretty different story with regards to the growth of my follicles. In the medicated cycle, I ovulated on D19 (super slow growth of my follies!!!) and this cycle, with zero medication, I took the triffer & IUI on D12. For the IUI, my RE noticed that my LH was on surge mode (LH 28, E2 2092), gave me the trigger and performed the IUI (all within 8 hours). Is this normal?

I am on dpiui5 and now have my fingers & toes crossed for this cycle. We have been TTC (Me 34, Hubby 36) for the last 4 years and hoping BIG time that this cycle is the one. Am I supposed to have any symptoms within a week??? Gosh, this is just driving me nuts!

2. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

Hi there,

Wishes for this to be 'THE' cycle for you....

Keep urself worry free and take loads of water, cooked veggies and soups...hav heard it aids implantation....

I have been noticing a lot of gals here mentioning about lh surge with figures...did u have an ultrasound to check that u ovulated after the trigger before the iui was performed?
    if the ultrasound confirmed ovulation then all is well :)..did u have blood tests for checking the lh and e2 figures...if yes, then which day?

I have had 3 iuis with my doc and all were non medicated(only post iui hormonal support given)....i ovulate within 24 hrs of taking the trigger shot and have had the iuis after 24 hrs(after confirming ovulation with sonography)..my doc didn't check for lh or e2

everybody is different and if the doc confirmed ovulation, 8 hrs is fine...even if u were about to ovulate, it'll be a good time for iui....the doctors genrally advise u to keep relations for next 1-2 days after the iui so I hope u took care of that to maximise the chances

All the best dear....keep anxiety away....lots of prayers

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

My follicles are 14 and 15mm today....

Hope Monday, i will join you in 2ww..

Lots of baby dust.

4. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

All the best Winniepooh and suma!! :)

P.S. Suma, Loving your story, btw!!

5. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Oh thanks a lot dear......

6. Sairam2311

Sairam2311 Silver IL'ite

Dear WiniPooh ,

I request you not to stress yourself with all this. Please. It will worsen things. Just stay calm and divert your mind. I know its easier said than done.
    Baby dust.

7. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Luckyme...Yeah, I am trying ot keep things as stress free as possible and eat a truck of healthy food.

Now thats the tricky part, I dont know if I ovulated before the IUI or after the IUI was done from an ultrasound perspective, but then I do tend to feel the spasms of ovulation every cycle. This cycle my case was quite funny. I went to the doc on day10 with the expectation of hearing that maybe we can give this cycle a pass, but instead when the ultrasound was done, we found a solid follicile of 14mm and a good endo of 9mm. My E2 and LH #s were also very strong, so she suggested why not try the natural IUI route this time, since all the #s seem to be well on track. Looking at my LH #, follicle size, I was more or less convinced that I would ovulate on d13, so went for the review on d12. On d12, LH had started to surge and my follicle had become 18mm, which she felt was ready to act on. So the trigger followed and 2 hours later IUI. During the IUI, she did monitor the follicle, but guess due to the pain and discomfort, I didnt ask her if the rupture had happened :(

My confusion started when I started to develop nasty pelvis pain nearly 36 - 48 hours after, couldnt even stand and was feeling nauseous. Post that not really too many symptoms other than feeling feverish and nasty pain in my foot.

I am so hoping this cycle works as my beta would be very close to my 4th anniversary/ Fingers and toes crossed.....

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

May be you should have tried natural attempt by the time you felt the pain. That would have aided your success rate with this cycle. Anyway, it seems every thing have fallen in place for you, might be the spl cycle for you. Just relax & take care of yourself. Hope this cycle will turn out to be a best one for you!
    All the best. Baby dust to you.

9. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

Iam married for 7 years no children still iam 29yr my Dh 34yr.Had done 6 cycles of IUI and planning to go for IVF.i underwent lap last month and the report came to be very normal my husband report is also normal.My question is my DH is having diabetes .Is diabetes has anything too do with infertility issues his level is 100% normal with tablets.Iam overweight (ofcourse putting much effort to come down and recently got down 6kgs).please advice me whether to go with IVF or ICSE which will be more effective in my case.Kindly, advice dear ladies.congrates vasumathy happy for u.hope so u remember me.thinkingsmiley
    Thanking you,
    Ramya.

10. RamyaHari2009

RamyaHari2009 Silver IL'ite

@rammu,

I've sent a PM to you, hope you checked