1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two sides of a picture

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 14, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I came across a news item wherein a woman was forced to drink acid and was in a serious condition in hospital .She was forced to get lot of money from her parents.W e come across such news almost everyday.Why can't be people be happy with whatever they have ?A couples' happiness is more important than monetary benefits.
    This being one side of the picture,the other side we find women misusing the law to help themselves.They harass themselves and put the blame on the inlaws and husband.They manage to get away with it.What is our country coming to?

2. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi kanaka,
    this is the story that has been there for a long time...there are all kinds of people in this world and some are bad!!!!but i think the way indians are growing now there is a change in the mental attitude of people as well since lot of them travel abroad and have the exposure.so i think or atleast hope that we have a better india in store for the future!!!!
    regards
    pavithra