1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two minutes please....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sujathaumakanth, Aug 12, 2010.

1. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Dear OOPALL, a screenwriter, sorry dear.....first I should stop hitting the snooze button, get out of the bed, before I can even think of broadening my horizons :)) But definitely I can dream....LOL !! Ha you are one of those lucky ones that makes us look bad..........kidding. Thanks for visiting me here, guess I am seeing you here for the first time.

Cheers,
    Sujatha

2. sujathaumakanth

Grrrrrr Meena dear, what are we, chalk and cheese :))

Have we got anything in common dear, other than our love for writing !!! I am a sales addict and you would rather be roasted over a fire than be caught shopping; I have emotional diarrohea whereas you claim to be suffering from emotional constipation.......though I don't know how that term applies to someone so effusive and generous in her praise and time encouraging every single writer on the block; and above all you don't share my love for Somnus, even Sri Uncle is trapped in his clutches :)

Thanks dear, it is always a warm feeling when I read your words. Have a lovely day !!!

3. sujathaumakanth

Dear Jai, such commendation coming from a gifted writer like yourself really cheers me up immensely and makes my day :))

Cheers
    Sujatha

4. sujathaumakanth

Ha ha Kamalji, good to know you are one of us, the snooze addicts :)) So your lovely wife is your alarm is she??? Yep, I can fully sympathize with you when the alarm goes off in the middle of a wonderful dream.....though the day I dream of beautiful ladies has yet to come !!! I am glad you liked my post, it is wonderful to have you here with your encouraging feedback.

Thank you,
    Sujatha

5. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

lovely post suja..
    with a well said message to think about at the end..:)

well,i do the same with my mom..longing to go back to sleep..though i sleep well a gud amt of hrs..:biglaugh

thanks for such a good post asusual..:)

6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha:

I am turning into one of your fans. Not just yours. I have begun to admire a number of writers at IL. The most important characteristic of this class of writers is that each one in the class is able to express herself/himself in a language that is simple as well as clear. A person's command over language is best revealed by the degree of stylistic simplicity. I know of people who love to use expressions like "lucdivorious bompocity". I tremble with fear, not awe, when I read them.

Quite apart from style, I enjoyed the subject matter of this post. I admit that I enjoyed it more than the tango post. Perhaps I am a bit of a child and enjoy laughing more than serious thinking. Tongue in cheek humour and the idea of having spawned more of your kind brought out a smile immediately. It reminded me of what my dad used to do to me on winter mornings. He used to warn me a few times and then, if I didn't respond soon enough, he would simply remove the blanket under which I lay cuddling a warm pillow. And believe me, it is very hard to sleep with your eyes open under those conditions. :biglaugh

But I am also reminded of a person about whom I have heard, but whom I never saw in person. Someone who knew him though informed me that on an ill-fated morning, the alarm clock disturbed the snooze one time too many. This guy didn't take kindly to the clock. Instead of hitting the snooze button, he simply threw the clock out of the window. :rantIt was clearly the clock that was ill-fated, not its owner. Fortunately, it didn't land on anybody's head, or else there would have been a readymade story for me to post today!!

But then, one can always take off from there and write that story can't one? :idea

Best wishes.

oj-da

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010