1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two minutes please....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sujathaumakanth, Aug 12, 2010.

1. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sujatha

That was a great post...wonderful writing....

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Sujata,

what a delighful wonderful post.

You know i used to have an alarm clock before, and the tic tic used to disturb my sleep.with the mobile, it is wonderful.i put it on 6/30 am alarm, and a 5 min snooze, and i let half an hour pass , with 6 times pressing szooze before i get up reluctantly from the bed.

and it feels hell to get up from bed, looks like i am doing a big favour to myself by getting this 100 kgs mass of flesh off trhe bed:rotfl

Every morning it is the torture, and yes some are lucky to get up on their own, as my wife Harsha, but me, well i love the snooze time more than the sleep time, when the prettiest of the females come in my dreams, and just as they aer about to hug me, the alarms rings again.And my dreams remain unfullfilled.Sad but true:biglaugh

superb one Sujata, keep them coming.

Regards

kamal

3. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

My dear Aruna, I am doing fine, I dont publish much here nowadays but I still write for my blog. I am so very much like you dear...........I try to finish all the house cleaning chores on friday night, so I can have a lie-in during the weekends........everyone knows not to disturb momma bear on these days till she wakes up or else she will be a real grizzly the whole weekend :))

You are so lucky that you never had to use an alarm. I always get into trouble without one........once I had to go to the airport to drop off a friend. The cab was arriving at 4.30. I woke up at 4, decided to take a snooze for 5 mins, the next thing I know this friend is calling me panicked saying the cab had left. I will never forget that day :)) Luckily I had forced this friend to leave very early for the airport that we managed to get another cab and reach her flight in ample time.

But yeah moral of the story: an alarm in need is a friend indeed !!!

4. sujathaumakanth

Ha ha nice quip about the bird, dear Srama :)) Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. It is amazing to see people like you with your internal alarms, you have a whole day ahead of you. As for me, half the day is already gone most days when I wake up........so to tell the truth, I do envy people like you.

Have a lovely day !!!

5. sujathaumakanth

My dearest uncle, how do you manage to captivate me by your posts every single time? I dont usually fawn over anybody's writings that easily, but you and Meena have me envying your style of writing always !!! Words that easily reach and captivate people.......once I get over the swooning part over the writing style, then I am hit by another wave by the content.

I loved hearing about your dad's alarm, several times I remember giving dad the excuse that I I overslept because I never heard the alarm and so he kept buying me alarms that got noisier over the days.........but nah, nothing cured me of my affliction........my list of afflictions do keep growing these days :)

Thanks uncle for always cheering me up with your lovely and juicy feedbacks !!!

6. sujathaumakanth

Dear Viji Aunty, it is so true that I lose most of the day because of my sleep-ins. I wish I could get up early, but that's easier said than done. Thank you so much aunty for visiting me here, it is such an honour :))

Anbudan,
    Suja

7. sujathaumakanth

Dear Radhika, welcome to the club :)) It is so nice to see that there is someone else sharing my love for sleep-ins. Yep, what will we do without our weekends........nice to see you here Radhika. Thanks dear.

8. sujathaumakanth

My dear gal, ha ha good to know that we are "snooze-mates" as well :)) I usually love to kick my other sleeping half out of the bed for his shower......luckily for me, he usually has a long one.....do I love those extra loooong minutes of sleep !!! But yeah I can totally empathize with you getting up early during these winter days......there are days when I go walking around like a zombie till mid-day.....LOL !!!

Lovely to have you here always but you know that by now, dont you sweetie :)) Have a nice sleep-in over the weekend !!!

9. sujathaumakanth

Thanks dear Divya, I am glad you enjoying the post. It is nice to see that people can relate to snooze addiction :)). Enjoy your weekend dear !!!

10. DivyaKGCP

DivyaKGCP Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sujatha!!
    You too have a great weekend!!:thumbsup