1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two incidents which I can never foget

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 27, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

When I was working I used to do overtime on Saturdays or holidays when there is lot of working. I was working in Accounts Department so always more work during month end and year ends. My mother was with me taking care of my elder daughter who was then 3 years I think. Once on a SAturday I had to go to work but I was feeling sorry that I had to go for work. So that day I took my mother also with my daughter to work, thinking I will leave my mother in my cousin's house till I work. It was a rainy day. We came to the station, when the train came by mother got into the train but I could not get into the train, which was rather surprising. Luckily I had presence of mind and told one lady to help my mother to get down at Dadar station. This lady was a sweet one that she helped my mother to get down at Dadar and also told her till your daughter comes dont go anywhere. She made her sit at the platform.

Due to rains the trains were crowded. I could get the second train only and till I reached Dadar I was worried how my mother must be. She does not know any language too. Luckily by God's grace my mother was at the station and she told me that the lady told her in malayalam to wait at the station. After seeing my mother only my life came back. If I had not to see her then everyone would have shouted at me for taking my mother with me. I had not informed my dh too, this was a sudden plan.

Another time me, dh and his niece had to go by train. My niece had just come from native place and did not know hindi. She got into the train and we were left behind. I immediately pulled her down. Luckily she did not get hurt .Dont know what would have happnened if she had been in the train.

1 person likes this.

2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hey!!! Mine is the first FB

I can imagine Aunty. I just saw the like in other thread FB of mine. In that same trip, once we went alone, DH made me to board in ladies carriage and he in general compartment. Bombay was totally new to me, I was awestruck setting the crowd. He told me number of times which station I should get down, what station comes before that etc., somehow I managed to get down at right station, I could see the real relief in my dh's face only after he saw me again.

Once when I was around 13 or 14 years old I traveled in suburban train in Chennai, I in ladies, dad in general. Due to rush I couldn't get down at Mambalam. My dad got so tensed, he was running in platform, his eyes turned red. I told him, I will get down in next station and come back in next train, as I was little used to traveling by train by then in Chennai. I got down at next station, got the next return train, meet my dad at mambalam. He was at station master's room asking him to identify and get me back. He was consoling him, that he would do if I did not come in the train.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Manju dear glad to see you here with the first fb and the only fb since 27th April. Yes dear In Mumbai when someone's new it is difficult to board the trains fast and get down at the right station. Getting into lady's compartment is ok rather than getting into the gent's compartment. But till the person gets down the other person will be worried. Glad that you got down at the right station and relieved your husband's tension . Can understand your father's tension since you were young. Good that your father could see you at the station. Thanks for sharing your experience.

4. rathiprasad

rathiprasad Silver IL'ite

Viji,
    thanks for sharing. As always your writings are very descriptive and I enjoy reading them. I have been in similar situations with my children and am aware of the panic and anxiety one goes through at that moment.

1 person likes this.
  5. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Manju, I can feel the tension of your father when i read the above lines....ooops nowadays even i am in the similar kind of tension when i leave my daughter to play in the ground floor parking area of our flats (our house is in the first floor)

6. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji aunty,

I can imagine how the trains at Mumbai are crowded always. It was really a stressful moment for you, but you somehow managed to inform your mom, that wa great!

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rathi dear thanks for your compliments. Glad you enjoy reading my threads. Sorry for the late reply

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhucat dear sorry for the late reply. True dear till I met my mother at the station I was so worried and when I saw her relieved.

9. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

All Mumbai-ites have some memorable incidents in local trains. Thanks for sharing yours Viji maa. It was strong presence of mind that everything ended well in both the incidents. Sometimes some faraway memories just come in our mind like a flashback taking us back in time.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

RK dear thanks for your visit. Ya dear we all have some memories of train journeys.