1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two Contrast News Regarding Students

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Aug 13, 2015.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

In the FB Wall I saw a news in which school children helping a beggar with their pocket money to start a small chocolate shop in front of their school.

So sweet of them to perform such a noble deed!!

In TOI I read a news "5 held for stealing laptops."This five member gang from Vellore consists BBA, BTech and three other graduates. The police has said they all come from well to do families. 63 laptops were recovered from them. They said that they committed the thefts to make quick money.

Who is to be blamed for these young men's act? Do their parents know what their sons are up to?

It is my humble opinion that as long as the children are studying and under the care of the parents they have to keep watch on their children. Parents are responsible for bringing their off springs to the right path if they go astray.

4 people like this.

2. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

maam here it is not whole sole parents role to play.
    all the parents on the earth teach their children good deeds and manners. but i think when they get wrong company their mislead themselves which is very shocking and sad.
    i have seen so many parents concern for their children but children least bother for the pain and efforts they are taking to nuture them.
    being mother i m myself very concern and gets worried how to handle.
    once while coming from office i saw a boy (might be in class 6) throwing his lunch box on road. his mother will think he ate tiffin. i was so shocked to see that and literally got tears in my eyes. he for a second also not thought his mothers pain to make his tiffin:spin

3 people like this.
  3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Some youngsters start stealing for the thrill of it, later they get habituated and find it as an compulsion to possess everything like or they can’t afford.
    Off course the bad company is yet another reason.

And other important perspective I see is, There are so many jobless youngsters around, trapped between family’s financial crunch and the inherent social pressure where you find every other friend and neighbor of your’ s is getting settled in life. What do they do? They choose every possible short cut for easy money making. Helplessness and vulnerability are rudimentary causes for anti-social behavior.

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@PushpavalLiSrinivasan,
    Yes, there are all sorts of children / students these days. In this age of over exposure to media, peer pressure and such, the parents alone cannot ensure their wards are growing up exactly as they would wish. Ofcourse keeping a close eye for changes in behaviour which are questionable, would help- but it is still an uphill task -especially in these times.

1 person likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The real assets of the nation are the main causes of worry.many nations envy India because it has max working population between 25 to 40 .I don't know whether we will be able to reap demographic dividend out of this.Though sometimes we feel that youngsters are more straight forward and integrity oriented, there are more cause of concern since they can be easily victimised.

Jayasala 42

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pushpa mami we all take trouble to bring up our children , we should be blessed to have good children. When my kids were young I used to keep a watch on them .Being aworking woman it was not so easy. Some children due to bad company do wrong things.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

Whether parents have a grip on their children or busy with their own work, but one thing is clear. The newest generation knows their actions and repercussions. I am not inclined to think that they did out of ignorance as they know what they do. Some might be doing it to make quick buck, some might be doing it for the thrill of it while others may do it because of bad company.

The trouble becomes intense only when the parents are trying to cheat themselves that everything is fine and try to cover up things. When they make mistakes, the parents may have to stand up together and make them repent for the action. The confidence that my child won't do such thing is one thing but using that as a cover to defend themselves and their parenting is ridiculous. A child's bad act should not be viewed as a question on the parenting but as an opportunity to do better parenting. Like any other situation, the process of parenting is important as it is the process that contributes to the final product.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS Madam,

If the child is good no problem. Everything goes smoothly. But due to any reason (it may be bad company, thrill or need ), whatever it may be parents have to first accept that the kid did something which he should not have done. many parents do not accept that fact their kid can never do such and such a thing. Even if other tell them they do not want to believe. and blame the person who tells it. My friend who saw her friend's daughter going out frequently in close proximity with a guy who has bad reputation. The mother refused to believe and stopped talking with her defending her daughter. After sometime many untoward incidents happened and they had to struggle a lot. No child is perfect but it is the parents' duty to correct them, give good advice and should not mince words. There is a Telugu saying..."Thotakoorakadalanade cheppakpoyava, amma." Means we should try to guide and correct a child, watch them a little bit (not spying) and take that they shape well with a good character.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,

Yes i agree with u, it is the duty of the parents to keep a watch over their children and what they are doing. These days i see youngsters in the park where i go for walks in the mornings, the girls giglign with the boys, girls may be as young as 15 or so. Do the parents know, do they care ?All have mobiles, and i see the girls with different boys everyday.Shameful.

i remember a story of a mother and son in court. The son was to be hanged for some crime, he requested the judge if he could meet his mother for a moment.He came close to her and gave his mother a tight slap. He told her, if only u had slapped me and corrected me when i was young, and did not take my side and protect me, this day would not have come !!!

If a son goes bad ways, try and reform him, but if he continues, and does not listen, advertise in the papers and disown him from yr life, and yr money.

i have seen a few such ads in the papers, but these cases are rare, ppushpa.

I ahve seen parents defending their children, who first turn into brats, then into scoundrels, all bcs they are molly coddlued by the parents,

Regards

kamal

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @katochsimi,
    Generally most of the parents do teach the children good things. Due to bad company children Go on the wrong path. If the parents find them going on the wrong path in the beginning itself they should try to bring them on the right path. Parents do have a responsibility for the children's behavior. Of course after certain age it is difficult to control the children.

Thanks for posting the first fb and sharing your opinion.

PS

1 person likes this.