1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Twins first birthday ideas

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Classy, May 4, 2007.

1. Classy

Classy New IL'ite

I have twins boy and a girl and their first bday is coming up in June. Since it is first birthday we want to keep it special with 2 cakes for each. We have booked a outdoor park 15 mins. from our home in US and planning to have the party in afternoon so the kids can enjoy for sometime after lunch. Not sure if boy and girl makes it complex but I have browsed through the themes that can help get 2 cakes for them if possible to make it special for each and narrowed down to the following 2 ideas.

1. Prince and Princess theme:
    A local bakery here makes a doll cake where there is a big barbie doll on top of the cake and it looks lovely for the princess theme. I liked that one and for prince I have not found a local cake that is already done for that theme. I thought of a castle shaped cake but to make a 3d castle cake it is very expensive and the bakery suggested a doll or toy in shape of castle I can get and put on top of the cake or they can shape the cake likea castle. I found a tiara with princess at party depot and also a crown with prince. The problem with this is that , the princess theme is popular and supplies like plates, napkins are readily available for princess but for prince the closest I could find was a prince philip theme, where prince philip is a knight. Please find in the link below what am talking about,
    http://www.birthdayinabox.com/lobby.asp-page-theme-dept_id-252-id-
    1154-lk-1255

I am thinking of using the castle printed plates and the cups with the prince philip picture on top of them and mix and match to get a feel of the atmosphere. The babies will be dressed in traditional Indian dress only. Planning to get a personalized banner with their pictures on them. Need your suggestions on how does this sound.

2. Raggedy Ann and Andy theme:

This seems to be a old time theme of a brother and sister characters and has pictures of boy and girl
    Celebrate Express : Raggedy Ann & Andy Party Supplies - Raggedy Ann & Andy Party

The plus with this theme is the lovely pictures with boy and girl all over that seems to suit. The minus is that we will have to stick with one theme for both and the cakes may be the usual ones with probably just a doll of Ann on the girl's and Andy doll on boy's cake. The bakery does not have anything special for this theme and they would just make a flat usual cake and I will have to get the dolls and put it.

I need some suggestions on what sounds good out of these two. We narrowed out other themes like Dora and diego since its first birthday and the kids do not even know these and we probably can try for later years. Also winnie the pooh etc. are not picked as they would be just one usual theme for both. Can you poll in? Thanks.

2. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I like the Raggedy Ann and Andy theme.

That's one vote for that...

3. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

I also like the second one: Ann and Andy.

Best regards

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Birthday places to celebrate.

Hi friends,

I am looking for some places, preferably in and around Princeton(live in NJ) to do birthday party for 9 yr old boy except for the standard ones like fun mania, chuck E cheese .

Pls reply me soon.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 20, 2007