Twin Pregnancy - First Trimester Experiences

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Myliltwincesses, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Myliltwincesses

Myliltwincesses Silver IL'ite

We took blood test for beta HCG at 15th day from our embryo transfer date. I would be lying if I say I wasn’t tensed.I can still remember the fear I felt on that day.

Finally the results came and we met our Doctor.She said it was positive and we both felt very happy.We have been waiting for this day for many years.

Our beta HCG levels were above 3700 and doctor said it may be twins.She informed that only after scan, we would be knowing it for sure.Me and my husband were excited and thanked God for this positive result.

First scan at 5 weeks:

Our first scan was at 5 weeks ( 1 week after beta hcg result). We were starting for the hospital and I felt nauseous and started vomiting. We were delayed and finally reached our hospital for scan.

I had transvaginal scan and my doctor confirmed that we had twins.

It was twin intrauterine gestation and my feelings that time couldn’t be expressed in words.

We were informed that both fetuses had gestational sac but yolk sac was present only in one fetus.I was tensed, but my doctor said we could check back after two weeks in our next scan.

Second scan at 7 weeks:

This was transvaginal and transabdominal scan.

I heard heart beat of my both babies and that moment was truly magical.I felt relieved as I was informed that yolk sac was present in both fetuses.

Third scan at 9 weeks:

In this scan, I was informed that we were having Dichorionic Diamniotic (DCDA) twins.In this type, both babies have separate placentas.

NT scan at 12 weeks:

I had both transvaginal and transabdominal scan in this week. The heart beat of both babies were good and my cervix was checked and I was told that it was competent.

All parts of the babies and NT measurement was checked and I was informed that everything was normal.I was little tensed because I know this scan is very vital.I felt somewhat relieved after NT scan.

My experiences:

When my beta HCG value was good, I was very happy. We were both surprised when it was confirmed that we had twins.

My Dr told me that my pregnancy is a high risk one and I had to be very careful.

I had severe vomiting and nausea in my first trimester.I was so sensitive to smells. I couldn’t eat anything which was colourful and spicy.

My weight reduced a lot and I had only white rice with little dal many days. I drank more fruit juices and I didn’t feel like eating at all. I hated the foods that I loved earlier.I didn’t have any food cravings at all.I hated vegetables and whenever I had almonds I vomitted.

I tried eating healthy, but failed miserably. I managed to eat only 2 to 3 spoons of white rice as I had to take medicines. I drank more juices to stay hydrated.My doctor said it was normal and advised me to eat blend and colourless foods.I had severe headaches in my first trimester.

When I think about my first trimester now, I feel that it was very easy when compared to next trimesters.

Note: These are my personal experiences in my pregnancy.

I wish to reiterate that I am not from medical field nor an expert, I am just an ordinary mother who wishes to share her experiences with others.

Note: This post has been already published in my personal blog myliltwincesses.wordpress.com.

Ramyarc, Anusha2917 and ashima10 like this.

2. Radpriya

Radpriya Silver IL'ite

Congratulations. Happy and safe pregnancy. When is your due date?

3. Myliltwincesses

Thanks..I have already delivered.My twin girls are 5 months old now.

4. Radpriya

Radpriya Silver IL'ite

Very nice. Happy motherhood

Myliltwincesses likes this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Nice to read your success and happy story.. Enjoy motherhood.. :)

6. Myliltwincesses

Thanks

7. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

8. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

Hello OP
    I think my response go mixed with your post. Hence copying it down here :blush:
    Congratulations! Can you please explain more on intrauterine gestation? Was this done because you wanted a twin? How was the process overall? Economically ..and physically.. just a rough idea will help

Regards
    Ramya

9. Myliltwincesses

Hi Ramya

After we get positive blood test result for pregnancy, a transvaginal scan is done to determine whether that pregnancy is viable or not.Twin intrauterine gestation means that there are twin babies growing in Uterus.
    Hope this clarifies.

Ramyarc likes this.
  10. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

Yes this helps. Your blog is good! Keep writing

Regards
    Ramya