1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tweet Tweet ..... Chirp Chirp

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Mar 17, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Sunday morning. The night owl retired around 1.30 (unhappily) because the wifi refused to connect. This morning niece of said owl called up from across the pond and said aunt owl (not looking or sounding like such an elegant fowl after all) hooted into the instrument. Niece promptly said 'please go back to sleep'.

Once sleep is gone, there is nothing more to be done but to wake up. Nothing to done especially when even the BH is not around to argue with. It's a luxurious feeling to have the house entirely to oneself. So Aunt Owl turns on the lappie and hops across to Whatsapp. An old friend from IL has sent her a beautiful song which she is hearing after decades. So she sends it across to another dear IL friend saying "hearing this song after decades. Every time a great singer passes on one wonders where one would find such a gifted one and then ..... It's a soul-stirring rendition of 'neele gagan ke tale' by a very young man.

Dear friend from IL promptly shares another song

Aunt Owl listens along drumming along with her fingers on the side of the wooden bed. Such lively and enchanting music. As she watches Sadhana flit around singing and dancing, she can't help but be reminded of other members of her own favourite species as they flit and chirp along.

So that's a start to a day filled with joy and hope. Starting a day with music after I don't know how long.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

Spouse not being at home is not hindering my wife as she regularly calls me through Whatsapp and gives mouthful to keep me on my toes. Not arguing with the spouse is not an option you can consider. You need to at least talk to a Dictaphone and achieve a sense of fulfillment. I have written an exclusive poem for you on another wonderful poetic snippet.

The Day light saving started so I wait for my wife to wake up in the night keeping myself awake for a long time. However, promptly at 6 a.m. I get a call from her asking what am I still doing in bed. It is better to be in the same time zone as my spouse.

Enjoy the songs and tell your niece that those who wakes someone from their Sushupti takes longer to realize self. Just kidding!

Viswa

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Dear Viswa,

Thanks for your feedback. You are right. The BH certainly does not see avoiding arguments as an option, so he makes sure he calls up everyday to check up on me. If I don't argue, he knows something is amiss! :p

As for those who wake others from their Sushupti, it has been a chronic habit with me. I can't bear to see anyone sleeping. Still I am a bit better on that score now. However, after a point, I get restless and do anything to wake the person up! So looks like I have a long way to go to self-realization!!! :grinning:

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

@satchitananda Mam, That was such a great start to your day!!
    Hoping many more such beautiful feelings to you and me too :tongueout:
    It's just so amazing that some ordinary days just bring a warm and fuzzy feeling and everything feels so normal and perfect!
    Wish all days to begin like this :):cheer:

satchitananda likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Afresh. Wish you and everyone the same!

Afresh likes this.