TV Shows, Movies, Cinemas, Theatres and Reviews....!

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by Vinodha, Jun 20, 2007.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: நாள்தோறும் நவரசம்....

Hi Poorni

Yes they also follow the Vijay TV by putting the previous nights programs in the next day afternoon 3pm tsk, just to fill the long hours I think.

2. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

theatres showing tamil films

dear singillites,

Please give me some infn on theatres showing tamil films,booking procedure....

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: theatres showing tamil films

Hi Kamala

You do not need to book in advance for Tamil films being screened here. The theaters, I know are Down Town East,Golden Village Yishun.

You can get all the Tamil, Hindi VCD/DVD at Simei Videos which is at Simei MRT station opposite to the control station. Get a premium membership at National Library (nearest to you is Tampines Regional Library) and you can borrow 4 Audio Visual Materials. You can find all classics, children DVD hindi and English movies. Esplanade Library has a good collection of movies. You can visit the NLB website to reserve/search the books/AV materials in the Libraries through out S'pore.
    Have a good time.

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

BOLT.... Anyone?

Dear SingILites,

Its Holiday time here and I am Witsend to engage my bored son due to the limitations here. Zoo, Birdpark, downtown east, ECP, sentosa...all covered (for the umpteenth time yet again) , Madagascar (movie)..., burnt holes with the Lego Blocks set and few others from Toys R Us to his hearts content. Now he is aiming at the Bolt:banana

Have you watched the movie which was released here on 27th November? I read the reviews and my son is really eager to watch it after seeing the ads on TV.However I have a doubt. It is shown in theaters with 3D digital/general versions. With the 3D version which theater is good? I am thinking of GV Tampines/Cathay AMK Hub/Gold class GV Vivocity/. What will be your choice?

Share your Bolt experience here, which will be useful to parents like me who are Drowning and :bang to engage these naughty angels and :welcome the schools to reopen soon, so that we can Chillout!.

Watch out this space for my/Abhi's Bolt experience soon...!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. umarao02

umarao02 Senior IL'ite

Re: BOLT.... Anyone?

Hi,
    yes my children watched the movie and they had fun....my son says it was very exciting...mylie cyrus voice and john travolta....it is a movie about a dog who thinks he is a superdog and tries to save his owner.Children had fun.
    Other ways to occupy them is to take them to the library and also swimming.I put my kids on a tennis camp...mon-fri 8-11....they were really occupied and also tired and would sleep in the afternoon.so the first 3 weeks have passed quite fast.now i am planning to take them to some wave pool in jurong sometime during the week.downtown east also is good with the rides.
    have a good time with kids...hahaha
    cheers,
    Uma

6. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Hey Vijee,

Raghav has planned to go for the movie "BOLT" today with his friends.. i will post his comments on the movie tonight.

Anyother movie worth watching ?

Love
    Sudha

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Uma

Thanks for the reply. Yes we enjoyed it too.
    We roam to different libraries every week just for fun. This week it has been raining all the afternoons so its nap time...zzzzzzzz... in the afternoons. Thank God its 2 more weeks only!

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hiya Sudha

I would have sent Abhi to tag along with raaga and frnds had I know it before:hide:. I know Raaga would be Rant for this :crazy suggestion and sigh with relief that I didnt know, if not his day out with friends would've been spoiled with this little one along.

Yep we went on Friday on Abhi's B'Day and had fun too. The movie was hilarious and our hearts melt to see Bolt with love in his eyes for his "Person", Penny. I wish I have a Bolt too......(sigh). Most of the time I forgot that it was an animated movie as Bolt looks too real. And Abhi has renewed his application of having his pet hamster this year after seeing 'Rhino" the hamster and a die-hard fan of Bolt.

Dont know about any other movies...why not we try for a girl's movie out for ourselves and may be pull in Su if she is free too? What say?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  9. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Abhi...

Looks like you are having a GREAT time this holiday. Hey that is a good suggestion of going out to a movie..enjoyed all these only while at school and college. Not any after marriage. Maybe it will bring back all the lost fun???

BTW, we are planning for a get together. It will be great if you can also join us for the party!!

See ya,
    Poornima.

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Poorni

Yes, when kids are a bit grown up it is fun if we can watch the movies, cartoons etc with them to understand the cartoon characters, trends they are talking about. I still have few more years to enjoy with my DS until he starts going out himself with his own set of friends. (Though I dread the day, we have to let go for the happiness of our loved little ones, dont you think?)
    It will be more fun to have a girl like you have. You will enjoy more girly moments with each other(like my special bonding with my amma) whereas boys will move away from us to their frinds, their their own girls ...as time goes by. (Sorry for being so philosophicalbonk)
    Thanks for the invitation for the get together. Would love to meet you(special) and other ILites as well. Set the date, time and place will be there...(God willing)
    How are you engaging your little angel in these rainy weeks? It will be like this until January!
    Yes as you mention it, I didnt go out with my friends (except for a couple of times, few years back) after marriage. I yearn for that feel of excitement and fun and the sense of independence...those were the days....hmmm sorry for going into the melodrama again.:hide: (going to call my best friend to put a rambam..bye)