TV Programs !

Discussion in 'Indians in Japan' started by kvds, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kvds

kvds New IL'ite

Hi All,

Do you get any Indian Channels in Japan ? What abt English channels, specially news channels n' all ?

And yes, Is there any1 whose spouse is working in Chiyoda Corporation?

Cheers,
    Divya!

2. geetharar

geetharar Senior IL'ite

Hi

I dont hv much idea about that. As like dordarshan in India japan has some standard channels... In that you can see only japanese and no english. i think once a week they telecast english movies. But you can have a dish additionally but not sure about what channels you get. I know my neighbours having it but they got the dish for the sake of kids to watch cartoon channels. So if you go and chk in the shops like midori, yamada (electronic chain stores) they will give you an idea.

But you can download and view online hindi, tamil and telugu movies. There you get highspeed internet connection thru yahoo bb, hikari etc (internet providers). So watching or downloading movies will not be a problem.

Don't be scared... Though there are so many negatives in Japan like food, tv channels etc there are so many pluses. You can never see any such kind and courteous people. They will whole heartedly try to help u if you go and ask for any help. They are very shy and will hesitate to mingle with forigners mainly because of language problem. But if you try to talk they will definetly help you. There are so many sight seeing places all around JAPAN. If you enjoy discovering new places then Japan is a very good place to live in.... Even by 12 in the night ladies can go out and come back safely. SO DONT WORRY. HOPE YOU WOULD ENJOY JAPAN.

By the way do you have kids? Because education is very very costly there.

With regards
    Geetha

3. kvds

kvds New IL'ite

Hello Geetha,
    Thanks that u r answering all my querries ..
    Am' recently married and yet to have kids :) :)

Cheers!
    Divya

4. geetharar

geetharar Senior IL'ite

Then it is really a good place to live in.......... Hope you would have a superb married life.

With regards
    Geetha