1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tv Channels Need To Be Screened By Censor Board Before Telecasting

Discussion in 'TV' started by RohiniVenkat, Oct 11, 2017.

1. RohiniVenkat

RohiniVenkat Silver IL'ite

TV channels these days are propagating very awkward scenes, bullying, violence, which they make by kids. Which will affect the younger generation a lot. Most of the tamil channel serials and reality shows we cannot even watch, full of double meaning and show offs. Esp Star Vijay, Zee tamil and few other channels.

Am I the only one thinking like this or there are few with me? Am I old fashioned? Am I not ready to accept the generation changes?

Please pour in your valuable thoughts here.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

U can minimise the number of hours a television is watched in ur family. U can encourage ur kids to play their favourite sport. Sports are good in health aspects too. Painting ,art work , boardgames can be other hobbies. Next select few good programs and watch as family. It can be singing shows or talk show.

RohiniVenkat likes this.
  3. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Apart from violence & bad mouthing,the new trend now is showing explicit romance in TV serials..And these serials are viewed by grandparents and grandchildren in many homes which would be awkward for both the generation watching together..It doesnt feel like watching serials,feels like romantic films:facepalm:..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    SGBV, sindmani and RohiniVenkat like this.
  4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Also the violence and master plans to spoil family relationships has corrupted almost many minds watching television serials. Few examples - master plan to kidnap a child and make threats. This goes about 10 episodes.
    Plans to create rift between dil and MIL relationships.
    Mixing poison in coffee and serving to kill unfavourable person in the family.

sindmani and RohiniVenkat like this.
  5. RohiniVenkat

According to me, such good shows are really really less in nowadays. Even the Ads are really horrible with vulgar content. We are watching a sport show, and suddenly you will get a C*nd*m Ad in between. One of my friend's kid, asked what ad is this. See where do we find a good 10 mins to watch. It is too difficult for this generation to be saved from spoiling.

Do we really need a bigggg explanation for a sanitary napkins? The show the exact place zoomed into my 32 inch TV FULLY. I remember my cousin asked, why they are pouring ink into it? Its hard to find the younger generation with INNOCENCE.

sindmani likes this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I understand. When I thought my 10th standard students , I understood it is tough for children to be innocent as they get unnecessary knowledge in abundance through internet , tv, cinema. But we can't tell them directly to watch all these as they are teenagers . but I constantly repeat the importance of work along with entertainment. Been there. Even my 10 year old tuition kids back in India were not innocent or sometimes confused about what they see or hear from media . But dealt with all this . next generation kids should be given enough hobbies and board games more and they need proper guidance.

RohiniVenkat likes this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I don't watch serials , but the ads I have seen. Kids favourite serials though , I feel it is not recommended for kids.

RohiniVenkat likes this.
  8. RohiniVenkat

Damn true @sindmani

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Condom and sanitary napkin ads have always been there even before cable tv. As kids we had ' nirodh' ...the sarkari condom ads on Doordarshan :rolleyes:

In this age and time,it is silly to protect the kids away from these.
    There are innocent kids even now along with the non innocent ones just like when we were kids.

One of our classmates got pregnant in class 11.
    I have not heard any such thing from my daughters classmates.
    May be the condom ads are actually working :)

The real difference is in the standard of tv seriels.
    Earlier there were wholesome seriels of wide variety .They were tasteful,not meant for grabbing eyeballs.
    The crap saas bahu seriels are the ones causing maximum harm grandparents and grandchildren sitting together and watching family members scheme and hurt each other.

That is all because people like watching the vile stiff on tv. Who is to blame. The grandparents / parents who have the remote in their hands and choose to show this vile stuff to the children ,or the children.

The elders in the family are robbing the innocence of the children .
    How about not watching the stuff on tv or watching it behind closed doors like people watch **** because they are as harmful for kids.

The tv channels will stop showing crap when we,our parents ,uncles ,aunts will stop watching it.If we are watching all this...then we are the reason why this material is out there on tv.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    SunPa, Rakhii and sindmani like this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True. When There are people to watch evil stuff and that too with sincerity then for TRP , channels will show. Innocence of the children are robbed because of too much of other contents. Teenagers has to be given certain gyan by parents and teachers as they use media more. Watching by kids and teenagers can be moderate.