Turning Forty..... Fabulous Forty!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nuss, May 5, 2018.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I am not yet in my fab forties. However, here's my early gyan.

People scare you! They scare the life out of you. They work you up to think and rethink and plan and revise that plan and contemplate so hard that your brain hurts from all that thinking and planning whilst life is happening to you. You miss out on living with all that fearful misgivings and conjectures ...are you prepared ..if this then and if that then ..think from all angles and vertices ...think deep and think slow and think broad.

Would you be able to withstand?
    Would you be able to survive?
    Would you regret?
    Would you wince?

Itna trepidation kai ko!

Let life happen! Let life be spontaneous and drifting and surpriseful rather than a head-throbbing wariness on every wriggly worry. That defiance liberated me in my teens when I realized that vigilants project too much of their own incapacitated fear on you. Fear imported from others cripples you more than your inherent fear! I would be fine stranded on an island , with wild beasts, that is about to erupt in less than five minutes as some unforeseen flying dinosaur would give me a ride and take me to safety. Yes, my life is kind with magical turns. However, I cannot assuage the same for others as they diligently plan on every contingency in life. When one door closes, it is not just another door but look for windows and cat-flaps and surely there's always a way out of every hindrance. I prefer to be resourceful and spontaneous as I am adept only whilst thinking on my feet. Also, my best moments have been impulsive leaps taken on the spur, so I cannot swap those instincts for overwrought agitation over the future course of life with circumspection.

Saari Umar Hum Mar Mar Ke Ji Liye
    Ik Pal Toh Abb Hamein Jine Do, Jine Do
    Give Me Some Sunshine,
    Give Me Some Rain
    Give Me Another Chance
    I Wanna Grow Up Once Again

Punch line: Let not onward fear ruin your ongoing life.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    nuss likes this.
  2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for your perspective. I have yet to experience what you have written. I am a regular yoga and crossfit trainer so the aches and pains and diseases and so on haven't yet started. In my humble opinion, 40 is not a magic number (actually there is no magic number), some people stay healthy for 70/80 years with no t much problem. I might have good genes, my grandparents lived to mid 90s and had a health issues only around late 80s or early 90s.

Children are still little (6 and 3) and keep me young and active. And again, my humble opinion, you can't one day turn 40 and magically become spiritual. Spirituality is a way of life. I have practiced spirituality throughout my life. We grew up with spiritual values such as compassion, gratitude, mindfulness and religious tolerance and we teach our children compassion and empathy everyday.

silentlistener likes this.
  3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Yes, and that's the beauty of late 30s / 40s. You know who you are, you have seen enough, have made enough decisions- some good, some bad, and have lived the consequences. People don't scare you anymore and they definitely can not make you change your decision unless of course you want to :).