1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tunder Strom Alert in VA and DC Area

Discussion in 'Indians in Virginia' started by ursnegithi, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

There is a severe thunderstrom warning and tornado watch in the DC area which covers DC, few parts of maryland and virginia...I have seen tornado only in the movies....this reminded me of the movie Twister....:shock::shaking:....as i was thinking about the scenes from the movie looked out of my window and to my dismay, it was so dark outside and couldnt see anything except the front lights of the cars....So what is the scene in your locality....please share here

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Ohhhhhhhhhh scaryyyyyyyyyyyy :hide::hide::hide:

Hope everyone's safe

tell me your stories tomorrow..

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi.

This is the first time in my life... I saw how a tornado is formed and what are its side effects ! New experience indeed ... but terrific !!!

4. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hey thats terrific, you saw a real tornado?? do share us your experience, I heard about the alert and dark clouds around, but didnt really see one....

5. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Yeah..
    It was a terrific experience... We saw huge clouds dark and grey coloured moving slantingly in great speeds formed a funnel shaped Tornado. It was lightning and raining outside... So could not take proper picture of it...But we saw some photos similar to that in many news channels. We saw many trees swinging like anything also.. we saw a huge tree uprooted near our place (exactly in the middle of the road !!) .... :hide:

6. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

OMG, seems scary, Thanks for the description, felt as if I had seen it myself....Glad that you are fine and it had no impact on you and your family....so Are you in proper DC?? I know there are lot of Indians working in DC, but havent heard of anyone residing in DC, guess its too expensive to rent a house in DC...So how do you feel the rent and cost of living in proper DC?

7. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi...

Yeah... We are prefectly fine and almost settled, but came to know the next day, the suburbs are worstly affected. As asked, we are in proper DC. The rent for the apartment is afforable. Cost of living seems okay.

8. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Gowri,

Good to know that you are safe. It must have been a freaky experience.

Thanks,
    Kavya.