Tummy still not showing up yet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cheer, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Hai Cheer,

Congradulations on your pregnancy. Take good care of yourself. Get pampered as much as possible from everybody - this is the right time for it.

Coming to your concern, when my co-sister went into the labour, the nurses at the hospital didn't believe that she was pregnant. That was because she hardly had any tummy showing up. But she had a normal delivery - gave birth to a healthy girl and she is also doing well. Just because the tummy is small does not mean that there is a need for any concern. Baby will be growing well inside - do not worry about this. Anyway all your worries will go away when you see the baby, when the doctor does the sonogram. There is really no need for any sort of concern, I feel. All the best. Enjoy your pregnancy.

By the way I am pregnant with my second child and my due date is on April 23rd. I already have a boy and I am eagerly looking forward to know the gender of the baby during the sonogram. And that is a long way to go. I really hope this time it is going to be a girl. Not that I am unhappy with having a boy. Believe me he is such a lovely boy. You can raise 10 such kids without any difficulty. I really feel he is a God's gift to me.

Amitha

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Amitha,

Thanx a lot for ur reply, ur reply really gives me relieve, well i went for my ultrasound & she showed me baby legs, eye, face etc. & we listened heart beat too, but due to we went little early she didn't tell us whether it's boy or girl. Well it doesn't matter us. Both of us happy with girl or boy.

Still i didn't feel much movements, i'm on my 18th week. But i feel butterfly fluttering:) .

Congrats to u too, keep updated.

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Don't worry cheer,you will start feeling movements only from 17th week onwards.I read that for first time moms,you will feel it much later-20 weeks or so.

Even me,I can feel only some movements-like someone sitting inside and tapping/knocking my tummy gently.

Take care

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I am also in the same situation that after 22 weeks, I dont seem pregnant. My midwife told me that its alright and for the first kid it doesnt show up soon. Though the nurse at ultrascan had told me that at 20 weeks, you can see you are pregnant. But I still dont seem and I do fit in my old clothes still :)
    I just pray that the baby is healthy.

5. mjsaroj

mjsaroj Senior IL'ite

If you are tall you cannot get the tummy, it is normal any way consult with doctor and do the ultrascan