TTC with PCOS - Have questions please help?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ArtsSorts, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies.

I am TTC for the past 2 months but the test always seems negative. I was following the Ovulation calendar published inmany sites to the T but nothing happened:(

Now my periods have come after 37 days from my last MP. Do i again follow the ovulation calendar which recommends trying from day 10 to Day 16 from your LMP or is there any other way?

What about Ovulation prediction kits? Do they work in case of women with PCOS? How exactly should one use them.

Any other advise would always be helpful!!

Thanks in advance and looking forward to all the support and advice :)

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I think now you can get OPKs in India. You can give it a try with them. The OPKs claim that they works with PCOS as well. It might help you to point he ovulation and let you try effectively. All the best!

3. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy.

Yes OPKs are available in India but from what i have read it does not really work for women with PCOS.

That is why wanted to check if any of IL ladies with PCOS have used a OPK which has worked for them :)

I will anyways buy a kit and see if it works for me this month :)

4. oohlala

oohlala Senior IL'ite

Hi ArtsSorts,
    I also recommend that you try to find an ovulation predictor kit. Since your cycle was 37 days long, you must ovulate later than cycle days 10 to 16. Usually for people that have a 28 day cycle, they may ovulate anywhere from days 10 to 16. I typically have a cycle that is 31 to 32 days long, and I use a ovulation monitor that indicates my ovulation day usually anywhere from day 15 to as late as day 18.
    Until you get a ovulation kit, one clue for you to know when you ovulate is that you will have increased cervical mucus. Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Arts sorts,
    I have heard of OPKs working with PCOS women as well if the conditions are not very severe! If you get fairly regular periods, there are chances to track the ovulation. Give it a try dear! You can try BBT along with OPKs to guide you better! All the best!

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...