TTC tests to be performed

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ramyav_cse, Dec 29, 2009.

1. srobona

srobona New IL'ite

Re: test name

I am not sure but I think it is called clomid challenge test

2. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

are you talking about day3 blood work?
    day3 blood work will check your harmone levels FSH/LH/TSH and estradial.

On second thought i think you are talking about HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) test. This test check fallopian tubes and uterus. This test is done mostly after periods are over and before ovulation.

3. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

I think you are referring to HSG (hysterosalpingogram). this test is normally done after your periods start

Hysterosalpingogram

4. tictactoe

tictactoe New IL'ite

Re: medical test before pre-pregnancy?

Dear all,
    Thanks for your suggestions, sorry for the late reply. There is a reason for my late reply :hiya

pre-conception test is a must.:thumbsup

I had one after i started this thread.
    I was heart broken when i went for test only to find out that i had a 7cms big firboid withing my womb. It was the size of an orange fruit. I had a major surgery last month and was it was a sucessful operation im now recovering.
    If i wouldnt have done the test i would have to face big problems and I am happy that now im fine.

Cheers
    tictactoe

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good to hear back from you.

Big Fibroid then! Happy to hear you have escaped from any problems raising in future. Recover soon dear...
    Take care of your health.

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tictactoe,,
    I too have the Beta Thalessemia trait(BT Minor).It is very important for you to make sure your husband does not have the same genetic trait. If you go to a gynec they will send you to a hematologist to get you both tested. If only one of you are carrying the trait then, to confirm if you are anemic blood count itself is not sufficient. It will always be lower than the normal folks. My blood count is always 9. The doc will do a special test(Serum Ferratin test) to determine if iron levels in your blood are normal. IF they are normal then you will be put on an Iron free prenatal vitamin. It is important that you don't take iron containing prenatals for the beta thalessemia trait because our bodies leech iron and excess can cause some issues(not sure what, I got pregnany LONG ago).
    I had to meet a hematologist(I used to live in the US) when I mentioned my BT Trait to the gynec to get both of us tested to make sure my husband didn't have the trait and that I was not really anemic.

Here is some information from the net - (i) Thalassemia minor, or thalassemia trait. These terms are used interchangeably for people who have small red cells and mild (or no) anemia due to thalassemia. These patients are clinically well, and are usually only detected through routine blood testing. Physicians often mistakenly diagnose iron deficiency in people with thalassemia trait. Iron replacement does not correct the condition. The primary caution for people with beta-thalassemia trait involves the possible problems that their children could inherit if their partner also has beta-thalassemia trait.

Content courtesy: Thalassemia overview (Beta thalessemia minor) section.
    HTH,
    Laks

7. JEY6

JEY6 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I did 3 IUI, all failed . Going for 4th one with clomid 100mcg for 5 days. How many follicles i can expect. My cycle is very short , but regular . No problem so far my side.

Crying alone..................

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Jey,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guideline here...
    Sorry about the failed IUI. In the new IUI, you can expect follicles of one or more, depending on your body response to Clomid. Checked the hormone balance in your body? Are you with any other suppositories?
    Hope soon you conceive.
    Baby dust to you.

9. wantmy2ndkid

wantmy2ndkid New IL'ite