TTC - My learnings

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by beny2521, Aug 29, 2012.

1. beny2521

beny2521 Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I have been married for almost 3 years now. We started TTC since last November. And conceived in Jan. But unfortunately miscarried in my 10th week(in March). After that we felt we should give some 3 months time to coup up and started our trail from May. Its 3 months now but no luck as of now. Last month I again felt all the pregnancy symptoms and ended having a period on time. But this time I had more pain than normal and also lot of clots and longer than usual period days. So I doubted if this was a MC as well. I'm taking Pregnacare since April as per doc's advise.

Then I started my research on TTC. I came to know about this pre-seed lubricant which is said to help create a freindly environment for the sperm's mobility and survival. So thinking to try this now.

Conceive Plus Fertility Lubricant Tube
    Pre-Seed Fertility-Friendly Vaginal Lubricant Multi-Use Tube

Now when I look back we think we have made few mistakes(may be in our point of view) which led to my MC.

1) During my pregnancy, I had constipation and to solve this I took Movicol (powder to be mixed with water and drank at night). Both the times I took this drink and later found out from internet that movicol should be avoided during pregnancy.

2) Then while TTC we used a lubricant and now I came to know that normal lubricant is not recommended during TTC as the chemicals in these would damage the sperm and avoid healthy conspection.

3) As I had severe stomach cramps right from the beginning I went for consultation and there I was suggested to take internal scan(vaginal scan). I remember doing this more often (atleast for 4 times). Later one of my friend told me that internal scan is not advisable.

I may be totally wrong, but me and my DH thought we should avoid all these next time.

Thanks.

2. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Dear Beny,Thanks for sharing all this information. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you.

3. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

I agree with first two points..But is there any particular reason to avoid scans,,just want to know so that i can be cautious in future.
    i had a Trans Vaginal scan in May,,but i was necessary because i dint get period for 2 months.

4. beny2521

beny2521 Senior IL'ite

Thank you vidukarth

5. beny2521

beny2521 Senior IL'ite

Hello 27csweetangel,

As far as i understand its always better to avoid frequent internal scans. From 2 days before my MC I had internal scan everyday and soon after i came home from my first scan, i got light bleeding. The mistake i did was I got scared and went to hospital and they again did a scan(internal). And after that the bleeding gradually incresed. May be its a coincidence also, but I thought I should be careful next time.