TTC#1, 2 m/c in past am a new to this forum..pls read

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by umashankari, Mar 28, 2010.

1. umashankari

umashankari New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    am Uma and am have been living in Sydney for 3.5 yrs or so...basically from Chennai..am 31yrs..
    we have been ttc for more than 1.8 months..

my TTC history
    m/c #1 in JUly 2008 @6W5D
    m/c #2 in Mar 2009 @5w6d
    now on Clomid 50gms Cycle 1 from Mar 2010

So thats about me..am here for supportive and understanding friends with whom I can share my TTC stories,pain..etc..

I wish baby dust for all TTC ladies..God bless us with healthy and sticky beans..

Wud love to hear from other ladies..even ur success will really mean so much to me..

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Uma,
    Welcoem to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Sorry about your MCs. Hope you gynec guided you on those stage well...
    All the best to your first Clomid cycle. Hope it turns positive....
    Baby dust to you...

3. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Uma,

Welcome to the forum.

Now coming to your MCs, What are the reasons for these MCs? Did you take a recurrent miscarriage panel testing to find out what is going wrong? Did they check if you have a blood clotting disorder or early onset of Gestational diabetes?

I was suffering from this for some time and now cured. So..I do have some idea about MCs. Do not despair though - Am sure its a small fix and once they find out whats wrong its going to be very easy to fix it. Do let me know if they did the recurrent miscarriage panel testing for you.

Vidya

4. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hi vidya,
    its nice to see u helping uma... btw cud u pls write in detail what constitutes recurrent miscarriage panel testing ? Also how to verify GD in early stages... do they tell to us get GTT done at 5-6 weeks itself ?

5. umashankari

umashankari New IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

thanks for ur support
    No they didnt advise me for a reccurent m/c panel..here they said we shd have had 3 m/c atleast..and moreover mine was m/c'd before commencing of 7 weeks so thats so early for them even to find out from a scan..but after my 2nd m/c I was asked to do couple of blood test fro thyroid, cholestrol and blood sugar...am not sure about the blod clotting thing....now recently my doc asked me to do a blood test on cd21 and said am not ovoulating as my proges level was 1.7 but it shd have been 10 or more..so hes asked me to take clomid to help me ovoulate..so thats the story from my side......

thanks vasumathi...I did read the guidelines..thanks for your support..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
  6. hemachidam

hemachidam New IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Welcome Uma.DOnt worry U will be blessed with a beautiful kid or kids :) soon.I was also sailing in the same boat last year but now I am having twins.U can read my story in 2ww thread.

I think u have low progesterone level.Dont worry Doc will give u progesterone supplement after the release of egg(most probably from 16th day) to protect ur pregnancy.Trust God and stay positive.Dont stress urself.
    bye

7. umashankari

umashankari New IL'ite

Dear Hema,
    thanks for ur post..ur success really made me feel happy..as of how my doc has not asked to take any prog suppliments from cd16..but hes asked me to go for a blood work on cd21, as am on clomid he says that will help maintain good level of prog atleast for time being..so lets see....I jus hope things go well...
    thanks for ur support again..

Love
    Uma