1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

trying to conceive with gall bladder stones

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonu_627, Jul 20, 2008.

1. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

this month we were trying to take chance for second baby but unfortunately i got to know that i m having gall bladder stone which is 9mm big ..only one..doc says may be 6 to 8 months old.

actually my problem is my older baby girl is 4.2 yrs old so i was thinkin to try this year so by the time the baby is out she will be 5 but if i delay much than it will be too late...

can i try for second chance ??? is it safer ?? has anyone experienced pregnancy with gall bladder stones or any other illness???

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Sonu,
    Pregnancy usually worsens any existing gall-bladder stones (as the gall-bladder emptying slows down in pregnancy and the stagnant bile has a higher tendency to form stones). My suggestion would be to see a gastroenterologist and ask abt gall bladder removal/surgery BEFORE trying for a second baby. That way your second pregnancy will be pain-free and risk-free.If you conceive now and God forbid the stones get worse then you may need medicines/diet/surgery in the middle of your pregnancy - better to solve an existing problem before attempting another pregnancy. Only my opinion of course - talk to your doctor and decide.

Vanathi.