Trying to conceive please help me!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by subha04, Jan 23, 2010.

1. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Re: Tips advises for a happy TTC - Need help

Hello Tugga
    Welcome aboard !
    Personally I feel one can never predict the number of cycles it takes to get a BFP. Sometimes all it takes is one cycle and other times..you never know. It depends on a lot of factors like your health, your DH's SA and of course our luck :).

Generally it is normal to consult a doctor if you have been TTCing for a year with no results. That is if you are below 35 years. Above that I guess they say 6 months is the deadline. In any case if you like, you can visit a gynaec and set up a pre-conceiving appointment. They might take some basic tests (blood work, your DH's semen analysis etc) and prescribe pre natal vitamins.

I am not sure about OPK cost in India. Other Ilites might be able to help you in that regard.

Since your periods are normal, I would guess you have one less thing to worry about to being with.Eat healthy, keep your weight under normal limits , time your IC properly and yes.. try to not stress yourself worrying about ttc ( this part is the hardest!)

All the best for your TTC :thumbsupand hope you succeed soon..baby dust to you.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tugga,
    If you wanted to know the basics of TTC, just check the a-z thread in the sticky thread. It will lead you to those threads which shares the basic info.

Timing you IC is necessary in TTC. Or cover your fertile days. If you have regular periods, then your task can become simple. There is no limit on when you can conceive. Its GOD decision. After 6 cycles of TTC, if you didn't succeed, can meet a gynec & go ahead with blood works. They may guide you to the next level. But if you are not in hurry & aged less than 30, you can wait till a year.
    Leave your stress/expections on each cycle. Stress/worriues won't help you in this journey. Stay positive & enjoy your days...
    Baby dust to you.

3. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Thanks girl for your kind replies..

As i said I was bit ignorant about all this bodily changes and about the menstrual cycle. This is what I am bit interested to learn and discuss more about this matters while I am on TTC.

I have a regular period of 30 days cycle... And I have noticed a few difference in my body during 12th or 13th day of my period... Like little more temporature, little pain in my lower abdomen, and difference in verginal discharges (little bit thiker than normal). I think its my ovulation time>

This I have noticed for a couple of months in my body. I am yet to meet my Gynec regarding pre - conceiving appointment, but just wondering if everything is normal or am I experiencing something strange?

4. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

Whatever you are experiencing is normal and as you mentioned those are your ovulation days (12,13th) and those are the high fertile days too. Don't worry and just enjoy your IC and surely you will suceed in it. Best wishes.

5. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

This is the third time I am trying to reply :spin.. let us see if this goes through now..

Tugga

You might notice a lot of symptoms in your body during ovulation and during the 2ww period after ovulation. It is all related to the hormonal changes and how our boby prepares for ovulation, implantation etc. It is not at all strange and is normal.

During 12-13th day of the cycle (for a 28-day cycle) , is when normally the body prepares for ovulation. Difference in vaginal discharge, body temperature etc all point to that.

As Vasu pointed out the Ovulation Prediction section in this thread A-Z of Trying to Conceive might be able to help answer your queries.

6. vyasraval

vyasraval New IL'ite

Need Help to Decide

Hi friends,

I am new over this community. I need suggestion of ladies over here to decide what to do next in our TTC journey.

It has been more then 5 years since we are trying to get pregnant. In initial reports , when we were in india, my husbund's sperm count was less and doctor gave him tablets to improve it. After 2-3 months doctor gave me clomid and hcg in india. But we are unable to get pregnant , and then he suggested us IUI. It was our decision that we will wait sometime more to get pregnant naturally and we stopped treatment. Then we came to USA on H1 and after sometime we again started treatment, doctor suggested us to do HSG,Thyroid check and all other tests related to female infertility and also semen analysis. And at that time we came to knew that my TSH is slightly higher, my husbands sperm count was normal at that time. We again taken a pause for sometime to get pregnant naturally because we don't want to do IUI or IVF and we have diagnosis only insurance. And now the situation is my other reports are normal except i have slightly higher TSH and my husband's sperm count is again low (15 million) and doctor told us that swimming of sperm is also not that much good.

She suggested us to go for IVF and if not IVF then IUI. we both are on medication now , when doctor told us my first reaction was we will go for it(IUI) because we have waited enough. But after coming at home my feelings were changed. Now i m thinking that we can do IUI after 1 or 2 months because i want to prepare ourselves (because we both are on medication) for this treatment. My husband is saying that we will move ahead as per your decision. He does not mind to do it this month or after couple of months.

I am a software engineer but can not work here. I feel like that everything is blocked and all factor of life affected with this. I can not decide and confused what to do next. I need all of your suggestions that what can i do ? And one more thing that i m tensed with is doctor told me to do IUI with clomid. I have taken clomid for total 7 months so can i take it again , will it affect my health ?

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Need Help to Decide

Hi Vyasraval,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

This decision need to be made by couple, we just can help you with some points to note. IUI will give success to those who have low sperm counts.

If you feel that you have waited enough, go ahead with IUI. If you feel within this gap, if you can improve the male factors, then go ahead. Try those home remidies for low sperm counts. It may help you. But you need minimum of 3 months to know the results as it take 2 months to grow a new sperm.
    But these things depends on your age factor too. If you are aged less than 30, may be few more cycles of wait won't harm you. But if you are above, its good to take the decision soon & proceed.
    Whatever the decisions you take, go full heartly after that.

Clomid can be taken after a break. Not more than 6 cycles at a stretch. You can try letroz too if you are concerned on Clomid side effects.

Baby dust to you.

8. vyasraval

vyasraval New IL'ite

I am 29 year old, sorry i forget to mention that in my thread.
    Thanks for your reply vasumathy.

9. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

Vyasraval,

You both need to come to a decision before starting any infertility treatment.As suggested by Vasumathy,Clomid should not be taken for more than 6 months in a stretch.You can discuss with your DR for prescribing Femara which is also similar to clomid but with very less side effects than clomid.IUI always does wonders for couples dealing with male infertility problems.So going for an IUI is also a good option considering the increase in chances of conception.

Considering that you are <30,you can wait to see the effect of medications that you are on and then may be you can try for2/3 cycles naturally.If it doesn't click,consider the option of IUI.All the best.

10. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

dear friends thank you for your support...thanks your replies mean a lot to me..

dear ruchi and radha-- be happy and always believe that god has a plan for us..all the best to you

luv
    niv