Trying to conceive please help me!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by subha04, Jan 23, 2010.

1. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Re: trying to concive

Hi Ruchikare,

Dont worry dear. Be happy that you are so close to your dh. All my cousins and friends who got married after us have a baby, I am 4.5 years married and TTC for last 2.5 years. Initially i used feel very bad about it,later I realised I am not getting anything except depression. Then started spending quality time in work and dh. Now I am fine, we are trying and treatments are on, I know got knows the right time and will definitely bless all of us.:thumbsup

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: trying to concive

Be cool Richi.
    Why do you stress yourself? Be cool. It will happen soon.
    Our prayers will be there with you. Hope things turn to your favor soon!
    Baby dust to you.

3. bharathidevi

bharathidevi New IL'ite

my story - need advice

I m in great distress and feel like everything in my life has come to standstill. Ours is love cum arranged marriage. I m very much attached to my father and first revealed about my love to my father only. Initially he did not show any disapproval. It is fate or what I do not know, after we fell in love, he got affected my Transverse Myelitis, which led him to complete bed ridden for the next 6 months. My parents tried hard to get me married to someone else. But because I was stubborn, they accepted and got us married. My parents were not at all happy in getting me married to him and even now after 9 years they show it. I have a younger sister who is well aware of my love, she is a doctor and she too tried to convince me to get married to another. I had to compromise a lot with my parents in order to marry him.
    So after marriage, we were very happy, but it is always in my mind that I have deceived my parents. Now he has improved a lot after 9 years, but has difficulties in urinating and can not over strain(we are able to manage). My husband is very caring and loving. We are married for 6 years and we do not yet have a baby. This is become the biggest problem in my life. Both of us have been to the docs and he has no issues related, but for me after so many tests finally during follicular study it is identified that dominant follicles do not appear. I m taking siphene for the last 5 months and rupturing is also normal after that, but still not able to conceive. I m stressed a lot. I m an IT professional and I m not able to concentrate on work these days. It always runs on the back of my mind that why God has punished us without child. I started isolating from others.
    I want to be normal and lead a normal life.

4. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Re: my story - need advice

One of my friends had also difficult time for conceiving and recently they went though IVF (after 8 years of marriage) and she delivered a lovely baby. Did you consider of IVF? I believe these days lot of people does adopt the kids. It’s not a big deal and don't have to spoil your health for it.I know many families who adopted the kids.Please your tension and think though different options and live a happy life.

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

First of all, you did not "decieve" your parents by marrying the guy of your choice. That is your God given right to chose the man you want to spend the rest of your life with. And from the sounds of it, you've picked a great life partner! Never regret that or be sorry for something you shouldn't be sorry for in the first place! If your parents or sister have a problem with your dh.... then that is THEIR problem. Don't make it yours too.

Second of all, I'm sad to hear about your infertility problems. That can be so tough on a couple. Have you gone to a few different doctors to see what can be done? If after all that it doesn't work, have you considered adoption? A child is a child, whether it comes from your own body or an orphanage. I know it is natural to want to create a baby from the love you and dh share... but baby's first birthday, first day of school, family vacation... can all be had with an adopted child too. That's a deeply personal decision to make, but just thought I'd suggest it. My sil has infertility problems too and looks like she will never be able to have a child. Looks like she won't adopt either, and her and her husband have decided to remain married and live life without a child. That's an option too. Yes it's sad, but they are still happy together and filling their life with other things that make them happy. A baby is a wonderful thing, but doesn't mean life has to stop if you are unable to have one.

Anyways, you will get a lot of other motivational ideas from the other ladies on this site. Wish you the best...

6. ktk

ktk New IL'ite

Hai, bharathi,
    I read ur story. u are a great person. u have a good heart and no selfishness. So, defenitely, u will be happy in ur life. I pray the god for u.
    Don't get any stress.

by,
    ktk

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You have made all the right decisions in your life and have not deceived anyone. You stuck by your husband through the most trying times and you should be proud of yourself for that. You have a loving husband and a happy married life. Just take a look at some of the other threads in this forum and you will realize how much you have going for yourself.

You made your decision 9 years ago and it is just sad that your parents have yet to reconcile with it. But your inability to conceive is not a punishment for anything you did! I am sorry that you are having a hard time getting pregnant but try not to obsess over it. Stress can seriously hamper your chances of conceiving. Try to stay calm and give the medication time to work. Look into all your options including IVF. Hang in there, everything will get better.

8. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

Hi Bharathi,

Have you discussed with your dr about the fertility treatments that you may have to undergo to increase your chances of conception.There are many artificial methods available to conceive a child.Before going for IVF,you can try other methods like IUI for instance to increase your chance.I am sure one thing or the other will certainly provide a solution.Be active on this TTc board so that you can clear any doubts that you might have during this journey of TTC.The ladies here are wonderful and have immense knowledge to guide you.
    Lots of baby dust to you and all the best for chalking out a plan for TTC!

9. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

You made a right decision bharti and you dont have to be guilty of anything. Regarding conceiving dont lose hope. There are many options trying to conceive. Just talk to your doctor in detail and go according to them. There are few tests which you and your husband both have to undergo. So dont worry just be patient and act according to the doctor. You can check out the forums here about fertility issues and how they overcome it.

10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Tips advises for a happy TTC - Need help

Girls,

I am on TTC since last January 2010. But it was not a proper TTC perieod though, as I was travelling all the time and hence we failed to have IC during the peak days. Also I haven't visited any Gynec yet, hence not used any parental tablets such as folic acids.

Basically I am zero about this TTC journey as of now.

By the grace of God, now we are settled as I have moved back to India permanently, and we will be moving to our own house in a couple of days (in Mid April). So, we have decided to take this TTC journey seriousely from then.

I know it is all about what God has destinied to us, but still I wanted to know the basic experiences from you girls who are on TTC.

- How long does it normally takes (i mean how many cycles). One of my friend said it is 4-6 cycles, if not you need to consult a doctor.
    - Where can we buy this OPK? and how much does it cost?
    - Any do's and don'ts during TTC?
    - Anything to consider before TTC? Like, I have a regular period, and no issues like serious stomach pains or over/less bleeding. Its quite normal.

Kindly pour your experince and advises in this regard...

Let me join your journey together and share our experiences from now on:)