Trying To Be Everywhere And End Up Being Nowhere!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Anusha2917, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Rihana , Malstorm , Gauri, Thyagarajan Sir, Kashmirflower for the replies .
    I got good takeaways from all your replies.
    In a nutshell slowing down a bit should help me focus more .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I can very well relate to your situation. After having a baby I feel my energy levels are definitely not like before. It’s difficult to have clean home with baby and no time for self care and even for working out.
    I haven’t cooked anything which is time consuming, I seriously have no energy.
    Last weekend I wanted to cook some Roti and curry but after returning home from grocery shopping I seriously felt so exhausted and ended up preparing one pot rice!!

I’m planning to let go few things which are not a priority right now…
    Take things slowly you will definitely be able to catch up.

Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

I did the same mistake of trying to doing it all by myself and overlooked self care and mental detox after both my pregnancies and as a result still struggling to feel my normal self. There are days I dont see any point in the success I achieved in my career, some days I feel bad that I lacked support system physically and mentally in the most crucial stages of my life, some days I feel intense guilt that I probably could not give my best to kids due to my health, career and stressed out mind... BUT only now, with age and slowing down a bit I am realizing that I am enough .. I WAS ALWAYS ENOUGH .. It is just the unrealistic expectations and pride to ask for help is what sabotaged me! Alas, the time is gone but the scars remain. These scars are now medals of honor and always remind me that perspective, prioritizing and being easy on yourself are important.

You gave got wonderful advise here and I wish I was posting the same questions 5 years ago !!

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    One is that pandemic caused all this 'not able to focus'
    Since you were on break for sometime, it might take some time for you to get back in routine.
    Being mom of small kids, we always have too much to worry about.

1. Even with all the help on earth, you brain is finding other distractions, added by your break. You are divided with your main source of income and thinking of other source, which is not bad. But if it stressing you out, which it will till it gets stable, ..if it is too much to handle, think what you can skip.
    job -, no, since u just started
    child - you already outsourced most
    house chores -same
    extra job - may be yes ( only if you think you can)

2. When my 2nd one was born, I had similar troubles. Pandemic started, stranded ...stuck at home with toddler+ older one classes too much to handle. I could not focus at work at all.
    Now after 2 yrs, still rest of situation is almost same, older one goes to school but have learnt to be in routine better.
    It took lot more time for me to get in routine with pandemic.
    So may be it will take some more time.
    2 yrs is a big gap. Just consider yourself fortunate that you were able to get back in same job, which many of us would never. And you have parents nearby and maid. So enjoy that blessing and do not stress out much, then you will be able to focus.

5. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes too many things at the same time will pull you down rather then take you up. Even if you concentrate on thing and achieve will be enough. You will get satisfaction. Job and daughter is the best thing to do now!

6. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

You are trying to make it to everything at once that make you feel exhaustive and unproductive, take one thing at a time. Prioritize what is at-most important at this moment? As you got back to the workforce after a gap, I would say focus on it if you really love/enjoy doing it. Leave the mom guilt as you have much needed help around, pick a day or time and spend the most to make memories that you and your kid can cherish!!

When it comes to investing, it requires more time to read through and take right decision. I love investing too but right now I am laid back investor who just focus on index funds/ETFs, not timing the market but counting only the time we want to be in the market.

Take one day at a time and indulge in heart fully!

Anusha2917 likes this.