Trying for my second baby

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by poorniyuv, Mar 22, 2009.

1. poorniyuv

poorniyuv New IL'ite

Hi

We have been trying for our second joy since last june.I had a chemical pregnancy in August 08.We had started trying again after a gap of 3 months as advised by my gyn.Last month my periods were delayed by a week and I was very happy.But happiness was shortlived as I got my periods after a week.This month also Iam due for periods on 21st but still have not got one.I have few pregnancy symptoms(i dunnot know whether Iam assuming the symptoms) but my HPK was negative this morning.Iam totally confused....Frends please lemme know when should I test using HPK....I never even in my dreams thought that second time pregnancy is this hard.Believe me I kinda of feel inferior when I see my other friends with two kids.....I dunnot know what should I do now?This problem has caused me to lose interest in everything.Though I think I should put off the thought of the baby it is not at all possible.

2. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Dont worry and do not overstress yourself.How many days is it now since the last period?Some Pregnancy test show results as early as 1 day before expected periods or sometimes you may not be producing enough HCG harmone.Try taking the test again after a week ,otherwise consult a gynaec if is too long

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

do not stress urself.u will get pregnant when ur body is ready.meanwhile spend time with the 1st one.once u get pregnant u won't get time to spend with 1st one (with all those morning sickness,tiredness & precautions to take.............)
    take preg. test 10 days after the expected day.
    pragati

4. poorniyuv

poorniyuv New IL'ite

Thanks for ur comforting words frends.....it is just a day since i missed my periods.....so lemme know if walking a mile could daily could affect implantation...i have to walk my son to school but it is not more than a mile.Thanks a ton again

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Poorni,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum! You can read the forum guidelines here....

Its said that recent HPTs can detect your pregnancy when you miss your period! In some women, early HCG level will be low, so wait for a week & then test in the morning. Take little rest & eat healthy!

I don think walking will affect! If you are walking very fast, then reduce the speed! Thats sufficient!

6. poorniyuv

poorniyuv New IL'ite

One more doubt from my side...(actually many of my frends laugh when they see me asking so many doubts for the second baby what to do I became pregnant with my son immediately so didn't go thru all these things) Now here is my doubt is it normal to get delayed periods when trying to concieve?Also Will the symptoms of pregnancies will be same for the second one also(like vomitting,aversion towards food etc...becoz for my son I had terrible vomitting rite from day 1)?

7. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Poornima,

There is a possibility for the periods to be delayed if you are having unprotected sex..I would say wait until atleast 35th day of your cycle to do a HPT..Don't keep stressing about doing HPT and anticipating if you are pregnant or not. Try to relax and take it easy..Stress plays a mjor role in delaying periods too..So just take it easy..
    Every pregnancy is different..It's not necessary that you have the same symptoms now as you had for your 1st baby..Every baby is different and every pregnancy is different..
    Also, please do not compare yourself with your friends (who have 2 kids!) and feel inferior..You should feel blessed and lucky that you have a healthy baby with you who is in your life..There as so many women on this board who are struggling to have even one child...So count yourself blessed and take it easy..Things will happen when they are meant to be!
    Good Luck!

8. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Hi Poornima,
    Looks like we are sailing in the same boat.I have a 3 yr old boy and TTC my second one since dec but no success as of yet.I too feel like you when I look at others with two kids....Dont worry...may be the second one means to come a little later for both of us!!
    Meanwhile, I also have noticed that my cycle has changed slightly after my first delivery.Probably the ovulation time and leutal phase would ha echanged accordingly.
    However, I am trying to keep a track of my fertile period since 4 cycles.Lets see how it goes...
    All the best to you....

Deepa.

9. poorniyuv

poorniyuv New IL'ite

@mridhusudha

Thanks for the comforting words....Iam rite now trying to concentrate more into my other interests...

@Deepa

All the best for ur your second venture.....May God bless you ur second joy very soon...

The days I miss my periods Iam not myself....Iam very much careful,abstrain from doing even a smallest physical activity,refuse to walk...you know Iam very crazy those days and Finally "Boom" I get my periods..gone I will cry to my heart....The feeling is the worst.....

10. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Each women's pregnancy is different and every pregnancy is different for a women.So if you have nausea for the first one,it doesn't necessarily have to be on the second one.

Dont worry.