1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Truths...and Inner Demons!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AbhiSing, Mar 11, 2011.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Truths...and Inner Demons!​

This is the second blogpost on my inner demon. You can enjoy the first one here on Flabby Flabs, that is, if you are interested.

As the morning dawned I woke up with a beautiful smile and A and I hi-5ed...Yay!.... TGIF! I reached the MRT station not knowing that I was going to have the taste of the sweet truth. I met my good friend S(might have been around 3 months since we have met). So ignoring my watch, I stopped to have a small talk with her and there she spat the much dreaded question,"Looks like you have put on weight".(Well...lets not get into the details about me squirming and samaalichufying with a stupid grin and how I jumped into the train even after the door closing signal, to escape from her and the undeniable truth)

By the time I reached my workplace, I was crestfallen... my mind was overworked with mentally calculating the calories that I should have counted at the same time blaming my weight gain on my (now) standing still metabolism.

I was bombarding the glutton in me, mentally slapping me about how I should have refused the second serving of cheese cake yesterday or avoided the slice of pizza that I had on top of my usual dinner or that handful(too many handfuls actually) of Pakodas I have with my lunch everyday. I was also furiously googling for the nearest gym to hit during my lunch time.

As I sat in my cubicle, my colleague R came in from pantry with his usual cup of tea wearing the same expression (gloomiest) matching mine. I was already buried up to my neck into my work so didn't bother to probe him. He sat in his cubicle and I could hear him punching his iPhone and I knew that he had called his wife (of course I overheard. I am a human, you see...Curiosity)

And there went the conversation:

R : Honey do you think that I have lost more hair in this 2 months?
    Wife: ..........
    R: I met my army buddy at the hospital's car-park and he asked me why have I lost so much of my hair.
    Wife: ...........
    R: Oh...sorry honey.Forgot that you will be at your weekly division meeting now. Nothing. I will pick you up as usual, after work.
    R: Sigh!

Should I say that when R peeked towards my cubicle (after few minutes), I pretended that I was very busy and had not heard any bit of his conversation and the final sigh.

And there I got my piece of wisdom that everyone of us have our battles with our own inner demons and Truth always hurts and that makes us squirm! Don't you all agree?

(Cartoons Courtesy: Google Images)

2. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

yup completely agree.Nice one!

3. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear abisingh,

Cute and funny post yaar!:rotfl

Loved the humorous narration every bit.

:cheers
    Saras

4. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abhi,

Very nice one... Your writing is very good and you spiced it up with the cartoon images... Yes we all do have our own inner demons...

The thing that annoys me is when a thin girl says to me that she can't put on weight, when I was cursing my overweight; So angels for one, is demon for another...

(Please excuse the grammar mistakes - its 11.30PM here... couldn't sleep... :( )

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Viji,

Inner demons.i have mine. and i have been fighting it for quite some time..see now i don't look at queen latifah for making myself feel better..but still the war continues..btw, do you think i put on weight?? see my war is on going...

This morning, S said he wanted to lose more weight, i told him you are fine, but he says that the weighing scale at school shows 10kgs extra mom..so i need to lose that..lol..jit is not that he does not know that the scales vary, but the pressure of inner demons..

and there is no age restrictions too...

Good one.

6. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Funny cartoons :rotfl

7. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one with matching cartoons AbhiSing. Truth hurts. Oops! was that a veggy cheese burger? :) -rgs

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotflEnjjjjjoyed reading !!!!!!!!!!

apt pictures .....:cheers
    keep writing abhi ......:coffee

9. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

hi :) :)

loved this funny post of yours
    The cartoons were cute too :)

cheers
    suresh

10. singapalsmile

singapalsmile IL Hall of Fame

Hi AS,

I enjoyed reading your write up spiced up with apt images. :rotfl:rotfl

முடி வளர்ப்பதற்கு நேரம் செலவிடுவதை விட, மூளை வளர்ப்பதற்கு நேரம் செலவிடலாம் என்று நினைப்பேன்.

குண்டா இருப்பது குறை; ஒல்லியா இருப்பது நிறை - என்னால் இதை ஒத்துக்கொள்ள முடியாது. என்னை பொறுத்தவரை, நல்ல மனசு இருந்தால் போதும். நீங்க நல்லவங்க என்று நான் நம்புகிறேன். :)

Note: Never imagined you to be on a hefty scale. ;-)