Truths about the baby move?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cathy, Mar 1, 2008.

1. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Just curious to know if the below sayings are true??:crazy

There are soo many people pregnant ladies in my apartment.We all meet twice in a day at one place to support each other.Since we all belong to different states,we enjoy each others delicious food also:crazy.

When we were talking about the baby moves, I heard the following:

1)The baby moves will be drastic if it likes what you are doing outside./listening outside.Depending upon that you can determine the baby's tastebonk.

2)If the baby is hungry,it moves a lottt:spin..Is it really true?B'coz i feel my lil one's move frequently.:confused2:

3)Mom's likes and dislikes affect the baby(ie it likes/dislikes the same in the future too!!!)

please pour in your suggestions!!

-Cathy

2. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Cathy,
    I dont know the truth behind these sayings and iam not lucky yet to experience these moves...but iwant to share some experience of my friends and relative...
    My friend used to say that when she was pregnant she had craving for Burger King chicken sandwichBig Laugh(eat it atleast twice a week)so after the baby was born whenever she gave her milk after eating sandwich the baby was very happyBow
    Another friend of mine came to my house;she was 7months pregnant.I gave her chilled mango shake.She was enjoying it and suddenly gave out a cry 'ouch..."she said that she got a nice kick from her baby after so many daysBig Laughit seems the baby also enjoyed the drink
    Another one happened during my cousin's wedding.My aunt was pregnant at that time.The music was playing & hearing the heavy beats of drum the baby started kicking her like anythingbonk

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Babies do respond to many stimuli even when they are in the womb. Bright light is something they don't like and try to shy away from it. Empty or full stomach isn't something they like either - empty stomach 'coz mom's blood sugar level is also low so baby is actually low in its energy too. Too full a stomach or bladder pushes on the uterus and that's not something they like - so once you empty your bladder you can most often see that the baby moves more vigorously 'coz it is less constricted now. Other things like sound, music can influence babies to different extent - heavy metal, hard rock kind of sounds can be exciting or irritating to the baby that it moves more. But more pleasant sounds can cause the baby to rest and move more gently. Extremes in food temperature can also do this - this is the reason that moms feel strong kicks when they eat/drink some thing really cold. As far as like and dislikes in food - I don't think there's enough evidence to support it... especially 'coz baby doesn't taste the food it only absorbs nourishment from blood directly. Mom's mood can definitely affect how the baby reacts due to the intricately woven system of ours.

-L.

4. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Thanks alot lavanya and amma for your informations :)

Lavanya,Really I have felt drastic kicks once the bladder becomes empty.

Also my baby moves smoothly while driving and listening to music.If i become silent then i wont feel its moves.If i start talking to my hubby or over phone to someone then it'll start move..:crazy

Anyways i am very much excited to feel its moves.

-Cathy

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I used to feel my baby's kicks a lot when I used to have food :)