1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Truth/perception

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by superwoman09, Apr 1, 2016.

1. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

What is truth? It is merely a perception made by us and believed to be true. "To each his own world" which means that what we believe to be true is true only for us and us alone. My truth is different that anyone else as it is just a perception of what I know and believe in. My belief is based on my past experiences both in this life and previous life and the choices made in this life are conscious(current life happenings) and subconscious (previous life experiences). It also means that if I change my beliefs my truth changes. In other words we create the life that we live in by our thoughts.

If we are such an important factor in life why have we forgotten who we are and what we are capable of? Why is this world concentrating on wars, drought, famines, spreading hatred through different modes of communication when all this can be used to raise positive collective energy and spread peace, kindness, love and compassion.

Let us change our perceptions and change our world. Let us build a better tomorrow.

At the end of the day most of us concentrate on the things that went wrong during the day. For starters let us talk about something that was the best thing to happen to you on that given day. Can be a simple task achieved or a big achievement.

For me yesterday highs - Got embroidery material after a long long time and also went shopping by myself.

Today till now - Did exercise and meditation in the morning.

sindmani, Poetlatha and shobhamma like this.
  2. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Your writing reflects your open heart. So positive. Nice to read for me. About Truth/Perception I could understand well. Till today for me Truth and Perception are in different places. You have linked the both and given a new meaning.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Truth and perception can differ from person to person. Only reality or we can say fact can't be changed. For example there are people who believe there is God and there are people who deny this. To prove eithe way it is difficult.

Perception is what a person think in a situation when he see something. Two people can look at a drug addict with one seeing a criminal and the other seeing a victim of circumstance, a third person could claim to see a case of mental illness. According to different frames of judgement, each could be correct.

If I say if you touch fire your skin will get burnt it is a fact. Fact is reality and it can't be changed.

Optimists and pessimists also are example for presumption.

A nice write up,
    PS

sindmani, Poetlatha and shobhamma like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

shobhamma likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Superwoman09,
    Nice expressions.Smt Pushpa has given a wonderful response.
    There are certain basic truths and realities in life, which are fundamental to any human being.That cannot be, rather should not be perceived differently, whatever the situation one is placed.
    Yesterday there was a major collapse of a fly over in calcutta.The representative of the builder has coolly remarked that it is an act of In-absentia God who is always silent.How can this be considered a correct perception?
    As long as these perceptions exist and accepted by the rulers, all criminals, murderers and trespassers can have a flourishing time.Poor God! This time he is deemed to have taken an avatar of a criminal.What a perception and what a country!
    Jayasala 42

shobhamma likes this.
  6. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Dear @superwoman09
    A very thought provoking post.
    As I see it some truths are things that are perceived by individuals. And all perceptions can be correct. Like a mosquito, fly, butterfly , birds, eagles , planes , rockets all fly to a different levels and feel that is THE ultimate! And that IS the truth for them.

@PushpavalliSrinivasan has also admirably explained that there are some fact which cannot be denied and some which can be interpreted differently.

Some truths are truth whether you believe in them or not; eg, theory of relativity, of physical laws are not dependent on anyone's beliefs. Galileo was put on trial for heresy when he claimed earth went round the sun. Church refused to believe him then, but did later.

Like you talk about
    You are referring to Karma theory which is proved to be true.

I really like your thinking of concentrating on positive things on the day spent. If only we can all manage to do that , the world might be a better place.

Poetlatha likes this.
  7. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Sorry was unable to log in and reply over the weekend. Seeing and replying to the posts today :)

Again, I beg to differ on the opinion of facts. I feel it is something that again is our perception and the dimensional/vibrational level at which we are.

Like for example we know fire burns, yet there are people walking on hot burning charcoal without even a burn/scalding on their feet. In times of distress humans do manage to do superhuman things which a normal person will not be able to do. I feel somehow this correlates to our perceptions. Perceptions of mass group of people over the centuries gets accepted as a fact. How would one explain the phenomenon exhibited by the group of people walking on charcoal. What we do not understand we label as miracles however I believe it is just another level of consciousness.