1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

True Love !!!!!...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vysan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

We have seen lot of movies… In real life situations… Love Stories… Love with caste / Status differences, without seeing, through Net etc… But we are not content or satisfied… Whenever we hear a love story, we enjoy it… Why? What is it that makes us to?

In my observation we all are looking out for love… True Love… Somebody who loves us more dearly… Who will do anything for us…We are searching for somebody who can understand us in everyway and make our life bloom and blossom like flower… We want our life to be so beautiful with him/her… Every one of us wants this to happen… Every one of us dreams… For some people it clicks for some it doesn’t…

Humans are not satisfied with what he/she gets… Like Chitvish’s quotes… First a person wants a Job to take care of his family, Once he gets it the he finds it difficult to commute, so he want to shift to the place near to his office… Then he searches for a nice house… then his tension for rent… Increase in status/salary… The list keeps continuing… We are never satisfied with what we have… This is our Nature…

In today’s materialistic world, people run around money, fame, power and authority… The true love has become extinct… Marriages have become a matter of convenience… Even love marriages doesn’t last long these days, as people get fed up with each other, as the expectations of the people change and tend to be more materialistic… With both Husband and Wife working and both striving to achieve success in their respective careers they don’t have even time for each other… Forget Love…

I have been married for 14 years… I love my wife so dearly… She will do anything for me and vice versa… But even today whenever I see a movie, I dream about… It is not because I lost my love for my wife… I need more… I don’t mind another love story with my wife in different scenario… Of course, everybody has a right for his/her dream…

Life is too short and time available to us is very limited… In search of materialistic benefits we forget the basics and keep searching for true love… I have found my loved one in my wife… Have you…???

Veda

2. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi veda sir.
    'tis true that to find your one true love is hard.more so in this materialistic world.but sir, i've got a question, how do you know when you have found your one true love?
    would there be mutual feelings?
    i must admit i am rather curious because i still am looking for mr.right.
    good post sir.its definitely food for thought.

cheers

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi Maya,

That is a good question....

What is love... Is it defined anywhere... No... It an emotional feeling... There is no hard and fast rule in that... It can happen to anybody and with anybody... It is not based on any qualifications / traits / criteria... It is the emotional feeling for the other... It is the happiness you get in being with that person... doing things together / sharing thoughts /giving ... It is basically your feelings for that person and vice versa... Ofcourse it should be mutual and not a one way traffic...

Mine is a love marriage with caste/status differences... We had our ups and downs... But with that our love for each other incresed... The bondage of feelings is what it counts... But if you ask me exactly when which date /time... No, it cannot be said like that... It is a feeling which over a period of time we realise it... Cherish / nourish it...

There may be others who have better experiences / explanations....

Veda

4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Veda,

A wonderful topic you have brought in. Truely said... We all dream and dream and dream. We always want more love from our loved ones. Never satisfied with what we have.

It is very nice to hear that "You have found your loved one in Shanthi". I found my husband through Net only. We love each other, but do fight also. I think, all these fights comes because we are asking for more love and care from each other. But many times, this does not happen, as we are busy with work and other daily routine.. There is very little time left to speak also. So we always feel a lack of caring and affection. I always complain him that he is not caring about me. But he tells me even I do the same...

Whatever it is I think I have found my true love in my husband....There may be differences, but all that is not anything serious... It is life and no one can be perfect... Adjustments will make life more happy.... I believe it that way...:yes:

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Manju,

Thanks... It is nice to hear that you have found your true love in your hubby... Fights/arguments are part and parcel of life... Too much of sweet is always not good... you should have some thing to spice up the life... Otherwise it becomes too monatonous...

As long as there is a give and take, adjustments, understanding, the life goes smoothly and happily...

Great.... Keep going...

Veda

6. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

After reading and analysis I got basic doubt what is love?
    Is it thinking about the person or taking care of the person or romancing with or marring ?? what is true love.

I think love takes different definition depending on the situation or the person.
    I define love as a feeling where there is no hatred and anger and no jeluos.
    When we fill all our feelings towards a person or a thing or whatever is concerned without those hatred ,anger and jelous etc I think we can love everybody and anything .

As mere humanbeings we can show these feeling only to some persons who are very near to us either mentally or physically.
    I don't whether my say is appropriate here or not Just I got this in my mind.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hI,

Again a nice topic. I think you are using your ramadan timings well:mrgreen:.

In True love the more you give, the more you have.and if you draw from the true source the more you draw the more abundantly it flows........

Kahlil Gibran defines it as "spiritual affinity". It's the hidden element of chemistry. It's when two beings meet and connect on a deeper level. It can only be felt in the heart and soul. It's about friendship, respect, humor and the feelings of warmth and contentment that come when you are in his/her presence. Thus the other person becomes the soul mate.

I feel a relationships moves into this phase once you have more comfort, commitment and friendship. A soul mate relationship requires all this. In this materialistic world, there is too much ego, where each does not want to compromise for the other..there starts the conficts and other things follow...

It is not enough that you find your true love, but it more important to get that spiritual affinity , cherish it and preserve it.

On a lighter spirit, it is like a pair of socks, you need two and they have to match or else it is a waste.:mrgreen:

I have found my soul mate.:wink:

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi Krish,

Love... It is a emotional feeling...

You can take care of a person, because of sympathy/profession/ralationship etc.... Similarly you can romance with anybody, but need not have to love them... You can marry a person... but need not have to love him... Your marriage may be a great success also... because of our customs and traditions and other reasons... But the husband and wife need not have to love each other....

Now things are slowly changing... We expect more... WE crave for somebody to love us and for us to love somebody... It is more of understanding eachother, bringing happiness and joy to the otherperson, mutual respect and physical chemistry working together... You can keep adding more adjuctives...

At the end it is something which you share with your partner without and expectations...

These are my views....

Veda

9. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi Shan,

Thanks. Yes ofcourse using the Ramadhan timings more usefully... participating in IL and troubling them with my views....:2thumbsup: .

It is human nature to expect more and more... So, we have to live with it... But in my opinion, it tends to increase the love...

Yes, I agree with you that more than finding the true love, chrishing it and preserving it is more important...

I am really happy that you got your soulmate:wink: .

Veda

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

What is love? more than that What is true love? I have always wanted my hubby to tell I LOVE YOU. Though not in public atleast during birthdays and wedding days. It has never happened all these years. (We will be completing 10th year coming Jan).

Though I had wanted that during our initial years of marriage now-a-days I dont expect words as actions are more stronger than words. He had proved many a times his love for me is boundless and he too accepts my love. All his friends whenever we meet tell me how much he talk about me to them. (It would have been a bit more better if he praises atleast once directly).

Yes, the chemistry between us is very strong and we could always feel that many times. Both of us have appreciated such chemistry and I could proudly and happily say that I am lucky to have him as my husband and better half.