1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Troubled mind.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by srajitha, May 21, 2014.

1. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

I dont know friends if I am being selfish or worrying about unnecessary things.

I have one of the most worst In-laws , just few months ago there was a big fight b/w dh & IN-law the reason for fight was SIL2 but they have blamed me. Few of IL's might have read my previous thread 'Few people will never change'.

I am not in any kind of talking terms with my in-laws.Though my DH & son visit them I have no intention in talking with them. We are planning to go to pilgrimage to perform some puja for my son , we initially told my mother side (FYI) they said will come but one by one they have dropped , upon my DH's request I went with him to his mother place and when My DH has told about this plan (just an FYI) to my in-laws FIL said he will join us and was saying lets do 5days stay there , All this will be on our expenses, to be frank am not happy with this coz just last yr during my son bday party my FIL celebrated his achievements in this function and even after telling him about perplate cost he lavishly served snacks in dinner plates to his friends who were drinking and making scene in the party, when me & DH have asked him about the same the next day MIL , SIL1 & SIL 2 made a big scene and said that was rubbish party.

I am worried this time what he is going to do. I just want this puja to be completed with peace of mind.

Please advice me

2. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

1. You could avoid taking them.

2. If at all they join, reduce the stay there.

3. Cost and expenses - to be born by them - if your dh can convey this, then you are safe.

4. Or you could convey your DH, that things would be complicated, because of the long stay, so lets go now but lets plan for something for them, later, you have pilgrimage packages for adults so they can get to see different temples. Put it in such a way that staying with them for five days is difficult and you are there for a puja, so it makes things complicated with elders around.

Think all of you can and keep them away. Good luck.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  3. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

I have discussed my concern with my DH , He says he is coming just for puja nothing more , tell me friends if he is really coming for the puja then its just 1day stay instead FIL is asking for 5days stay in a 5star hotel & side seeing. I am a working women and its hard to get 7 days(2days travel in train) leaves in such a short span. He is asking us to book 1Tier AC tickets.

4. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Tell firmly that its gonna be a 1 day Puja. If they want, they can extend their trip on their expense. Tell you can't get leave because of deadlines in office..