1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with my brother

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by vjairam, May 4, 2010.

1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Dont tell me everything is roses in an arranged marriage and people live happily ever after

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

You talkin' to moi?
    Spiderman saying arranged marriage is a bed of roses? IndusLadies will fall down laughing :biglaugh

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  3. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Am not sure about IL - I almost fell out of my bed laughing :)

4. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

Looking back 12yrs, I stood in the same position as yours but I was too young then and my brother arranged the marriage himself without our notice and sent his friends just before the muhurtham to invite my parents lol. My parents were :spin

We had all this to say tat u said.
    1. Not good looking
    2. Not from our caste
    3. She is not a a good lady (as she was married and had left her husband not divorced too)
    4. Well abt age u mentioned that the girl is 23 but the lady my brother married is 7 yrs elder to him.
    5. You said she does not know anything abt your family (its the same in arranged marriage too jairam)

My mom was shattered that her son did a marriage with such a lady. Now down the line after 3 to 4 yrs... she gets along with the family decently.
    We were not speaking to them and ME in particulr didnt spk to them till about 2 yrs ago. Now i feel who was I to get angry on my brother. It was his decision, we can just tell him some words, but when he had decided to marry he was not a small kid. So is your brother Jairam.
    Please if possible you make your parents understand that its his life and he knows to decided what is good or what is bad for him.

Of course when any one say No to what they have decided they get angry. When your brother know that you people are all against it and trying to object his decision he wd behave so...

Be happy that your brother and his GF didnt marry themselves and come in front of you with Garland or with Marriage certificate but have told parents abt their wish.

5. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

OOOOPS... I meant all love marriages are not a bed of roses.....