Trojan virus found in indus site!!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by vinoran, Feb 9, 2010.

1. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Dear Moderator,
    Today I was hit by a warning sign about "Trojan Horse" virus. Since I have a strong antivirus package I could block it. Kindly check whether it is from your server. I am afraid to open Indusladies at present
    Thanks
    Vinoran

2. Anshikaa

Anshikaa New IL'ite

Even i got message from my antivirus about "Trojan" Virus everytime i clicked on any link on indusladies.

Moderators - Can you pls. check ?

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anshikaa & Vinoran,

Thanks for your feedback about the warnings you received.

Is it possible for either of you to provide us with a screen shot of the "trojan virus" warning that you see in the browser in your system while accessing any IndusLadies.com link?

That will help us take this issue for exploring in detail and resolving it (if at all it is from our hosting server). We need a screen shot of exactly the warning message to take it up with the hosting server technical support.

Look forward to your further support in this regard.

4. ushp

ushp New IL'ite

[Note] Trojan in your syestem

There is a trojan in the website system because of an advert, i suggest you scan you computer asap.
    Also I dint know where to post this because there were lots of popups from my antivirus... (avast)

Here is a pic.

b8lhrr.jpg

5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Ushp,

Thanks for the screenshot, we got a similar feedback from other ILites pointing to a corrupt file - flash script - flashfix2.js and the said file is removed from the server.

Also we have a complete virus scan on the server and found it to be clean.

Do keep us posted in case you see a warning even after all the tightening measures.
    Appreciate your valuable feedback as we want to nip the issue, if at all any, in the bud.

Thanks.

6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hi Laxmi, since I am a frequent visitor into Indus I too have experienced this many a times the last couple of months especially when opening certain threads with attachments taken from some other website or so.
    Since I have antivirus in my computer immediately scan the whole system and drive it out !!

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

First of all, thanks to all those who are bringing up Virus alerts to our notice. It helps us to scrutinize the security in the site/server. Take actions if any needed.

Regarding the recent Trojan Virus alert reported by a few, especially by those who provided "Avast virus alert screen shots", it helped us to explore further.

Here are the findings:

1. Virus checks in the server come up clean. No affected files in the site's server has been found so far.

2. Moreover, we went ahead and removed the file flashfix2.js (a javascript file) from our server, that was brought up as an affected file by Avast virus alert. Just in case on the safer side.

3. Checking on Avast (the anti-virus software's) forums, we found that of-late there has been some False Positives on Trojan Virus getting reported by Avast.
    Please refer these links:
    False positive in Avast! or is it real? - dslreports.com
    A Lot of False Positives Lately

So may be the trojan virus alert in our site by Avast is also a False Positive!! We are going to ask Avast to look into it.

4. So far no other anti-virus software has reported any virus alert in our site. I personally use McAfee Antivirus, Laxmi uses Norton Antivirus, both are licensed/purchased software and we have not got any alert so far.

If any one of you using any other antivirus (other than Avast) come across a virus alert now or in future, kindly capture the screen shot and post it here or email support@indusladies.com.

This will help to reconfirm whether the alert we get is False Positive or Real.

Please do NOT panic. At IndusLadies security and safety is always a priority. We will definitely do the needful to get rid of viruses, if at all any.

8. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I got the following message today when visiting IL. Can someone please check?

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at IndusLadies - Global Online Community of Indian Ladies contains elements from the site kimirleonarda.info, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

I got the same message about "Malware detected" sometime back when visiting Indusladies website.

I am trying to attach screenshot but I get the message Invalid file when I try to upload it.

Uploaded it now.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Malathy and Laxmi
    There is some problem in IL. I was using Avant browser I had opened so many windows nothing happed but as soon as I opened this site the browser itself something happened and I am not able to download that browser again. Now I am using internet explore but whenever i open a forum I get this message.
    To help protect your security, internet explore has blocked this site from downloading files to your computer.