Trissur - Mookambika Trip Planning Help

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by mysteriousgirl, Jul 19, 2010.

1. mysteriousgirl

mysteriousgirl New IL'ite

Hi Folks,

Am new to this forum but hoping few ppl reading this msg are able to help me.

I am planning a quick trip to kerala (trissur) and from there to mookambika by train to do my daugther's vidyarambam.

1) Has any1 been to this famous temple and done vidyarambam ? I wanted to know how crowded it gets and the queue or if we need to book in advance?
    2) We will reach mookambika by train. Does any1 know a good car/van hire company so they can pick us and take us to these temples (mookambika & kudajatiri)
    3) Also out there, we wanted any help of nice hotel to stay (not really stay but to refresh up) and have breakfast/lunch etc.

Any reccomendations will be helpful !

Thanks and waiting some feedback....

2. BJK

BJK New IL'ite

hi misterious girl
    We had visited several times in Mookambika. you can contact Beena Residency, Mookambika, kollur-576220. Ph;08254-258258,258487, Mob:09449100024. We stayed there, it is near by the temple and clean atmosphere. I think they had the pick up and drop facility from railwaystation. As their visiting card is with me i can find these detaisl.
    when we went, double room 400+tax, double room-dlx-500+tax, 4 br-700+tax, double room a/c-900+tax, 3br a/c-1100+tax, 4 br +a/c-1500+tax, extra person they charged Rs.50/-.
    You can contact them over phone and ask the details.:)
    hope this information will help you.
    regards
    bjk,tvm

3. mysteriousgirl

mysteriousgirl New IL'ite

Oh Thanks you Bjk. Its very useful to know. Atleast you have gone there and provided feedback. I will contact Beena Residency for booking the rooms and getting a car hire service. Do you by anychance have their email id or anything. I tried online but couldnt get any.

Its great to see they offer pooja booking service too. As i need to book for my girl's vidyarambam too on the same day.

Also you mentioned you visited there many times. Which train station is the nearest - is it udupi? Any idea how long journey from mookambika to Kudajatri will take by car? We trying to see if we can finish it in one day.

Thanks for all your info and help !